Building Strong Pharma Brands - June 11 to 13, 20 2015
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
The pharma industry in Pakistan is seemingly active in marketing "Products" quite aggressively. However, barring few MNCs, the majority is not "Branding"their products. Giving products a name and focusing on obligatory marketing through sales is name of the game. Generics are gaining momentum at cheaper prices.
Never before the pharma had industry realized the importance of branding their drugs. Creating an image in the mind of Doctors & Patients by establishing a relationship between them and the drugs is being viewed with new vigor in developed markets. With clinical efficacy, safety and side effects, intangible psychological benefits are taking prominence in acquiring market leadership and higher margins.
The workshop would unveil branding tools and Laws as to how "Brand Contact" at various levels may create all the difference. It'll also discuss how to decrease dependency on traditional local module making a transition to a low cost on-line, interactive & visual media.
- All existing and future Product & Group Product Managers at Pharmaceutical companies.
Mr. Akhtar Mahmud
is currently CEO, Brand Image - a marketing consultancy specializing in Branding, Advertising and Consumer Insights. He brings 30 years of corporate exposure mainly from Multi National Companies in senior marketing positions to corporate leadership.
Mahmud has been conducting Training and Development programmes for Banks, MNCs, local conglomerates, IBP, PIQC and leading T&D organizations. Market research and consultancy projects for BBC, United Nations, Hoechst, Millat Tractors, ICN, Aga Khan Health Services, Milupa Foods Novartis, GETZ, Pfizer,Searle,Sandoz,Hilton,OBS,Sanofi and NGOs are few of the key programmes undertaken by him.Pervaiz Iqbal
With an MBA Pervaiz is currently a marketing consultant at Spark Bay in Dubai having a 13 years exposure with local phama companies - Abbott, Hilton, and Herbion & OBS.Kinza Shahwar
An Iba grad, Kinza is a Neuro marketing specialist. Away from traditional marketing techniques, she creates communication ideas in branding & at retail level.
- Essence of Branding.
- BI Positioning Module
- Perceptual Mapping for Competitive Analysis
- Implications of Brand Value Pyramid for Pharma Products
- Giving Pharma brands a Persona
- Creating USPs & Reasons to Believe
- Selecting a Brand Promise for your brand
- Improvising the Differential advantage.
- Giving Brands a "Positioning Statement".
- Condition, Product and Portfolio Branding.
- 360o Brand-based Communication
- Using creative & customized contents via Social & interactive Media
- Utilizing latest communication tools to enhance brand reach.
- Developing interactive forums for local & Int'l KOL through customized Channel programmes
- Laws of Branding used in Pharma marketing.
- Brand-based pricing is premium pricing.
- Neuro-marketing concepts to "Prime" Doctors mind: Oedipus & Electra complex, Sublimation, Fetishism, Metaphoric Branding, Somatic Markers, Animations, Thrillers & Brand Geography.
- OTC & DTC.
The workshop will also elaborate How & Why:
- Brufen is still no.1 among the NSAIDs.
- How Febrol can become a Rs 1.5 brand?
- Ciproxin from Bayer makes more profits than the no.1 brand in the category.
- Novidat&Oxidil succeeded in creating highest volumes through Law of the Name & Company.
- Risek&Nexum-leading brands-using the "long-tail" approach.
- Cefespan making room in the Cephalosporin category fast.
- CAC 1000+ generated "Somatic Markers" for being the leading brand.
- GSK successful in branding generics through "Value health project"-Cipval, Fixval.
- Voltral&Voren using the "differential advantage" in the Diclofenac segment.
- Glucophage is the dominating Metformin.
- Mythocobal from Hilton is the market leader in Cobolmin.
- GSK still leading in the anti-biotic segment-Augmentin, Amoxil, Ampiclox ,Velosef, - via Condition & Portfolio branding.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking
- *10% Discount for 2 or more than 2 participants from the same organizationM
- **15% Discount for 5 or more than 5 participants from the same organization