Corporate Reporting: A means for Corporate Governance & Sustainability Reporting- November 15 & 16, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
The corporate sector in Pakistan has had its fair share of corporate failures, scams and scandals and numerous finance companies have deprived thousands of small investors of their life-savings. In the not so distant past, nationalized banks have written off billions of rupees by way of bad loans. These scams bear similarity to those happening across borders. The victim in most cases being the general public leads to a hue and cry over regulating the companies.
Mere compliance with reporting regulations does not necessarily mean that you are reporting effectively. It is quite possible, in fact, for reporting to seem disconnected with the business strategy and for this to raise questions in the minds of stakeholders about the quality of management and governance. Thus, the concept of corporate governance was born. It is important for boards to think about the unintended consequences of what is said, and how it is said. The quality and clarity of reporting are critical for all businesses. Today the corporate world is even going beyond governance and financial reporting. Stakeholders' needs of corporate reporting are changing. Global social, environmental and human capital challenges have broadened the governance thinking from single bottom line financial performance to triple bottom line performance or the concept called 'Sustainability'. During the past few years the corporate reporting in Pakistan has experienced rapid development in the area of 'Sustainability' or 'Corporate Responsibility' reporting.
Who should attend?
- Directors (executive / non-executive ) with finance a non-finance background
- Independent Directors
- Chief Financial Officers / Company Secretaries
- Corporate communication /CSR department heads
The workshop will also elaborate How & Why:
- Ability to read and understand Corporate Reports for better understanding about a company in terms of its financial position and operating results, as well as Corporate Governance practices adopted by the company.
- Learning the new developments in Sustainability Reporting covering concepts, local and global trends, regulatory matters, standards and frameworks and much more – the 'must' you need to develop your sustainability reports.
Abdul Rahim Suriya: FCA, FCMA
He is a Fellow Member of the ICAP and the ICMAP. He has over 27 years' experience in Accounting, Auditing, Corporate Finance and Operational Management. He is a visiting faculty member of the Institute of Business Administration (IBA). He is a Council member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. During the past eight years, Abdul Rahim Suriya has conducted specialized training programs and seminars for senior executives for a number of leading corporate clients. These programs were designed to cater to the special needs of the clients to achieve higher level of performance and achieve greater corporate synergies. He has so far conducted over 50 workshops both in-houseand open-house. He has also authored a book "A Guide to Business Decision Making".
- Corporate Reporting - your stakeholders' needs
- Corporate Governance in Pakistan (past, present and future)
- Annual Reports – the hub of Corporate Reporting
- Mandatory requirements
- Voluntary reporting
- Moving beyond regulations (International best practices)
- Management commentary - an emerging trend
- Interpreting annual reports
- Corporate Reporting for business decision making
- Challenges of Corporate Reporting for thosechanged with governance
- Key Reporting Tips
- Case study
- Sustainability unwrapped
- Embedding Sustainability into business strategy
- SECP Corporate Social Responsibility Voluntary Guidelines, 2012
- Sustainability reporting – emerging local and global trends
- Various frameworks and standards
- Overview of G4 Guidelines of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- ICAP's Best Sustainability Report Award Criteria, 2013
- Integrated reporting – Future of corporate reporting
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking