Diploma in Capital Market - Fri-Sat
|Time:|| Fri 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Sat 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Sat 6:00pm – 9:00pm
|Admissions:||1st January, 2019|
|Online Forms availability||1st January, 2019|
|Submission of forms deadline||25th January, 2019|
|Interviews & Admission offers||22nd January, 2019 – 25th January, 2019|
|Fee and Document Submission||28th January, 2019|
|Orientation Ceremony||1st February, 2019|
|Class commencement||1st February, 2019|
Estimates indicate that more than one million individuals are engaged in various segments of the securities markets as investors and working professionals and the demand for skilled and competent professionals is constantly growing every year. Th¬e Diploma in Capital Market prepares the securities markets professionals with good understanding of the capital markets. It offers individuals the opportunity to gain specialist knowledge of financial markets, fixed income, financial derivatives, bonds and fund management. It covers all major and alternative asset classes and incorporates market best practice, regulation and risk management.
This diploma is a unique opportunity for career aspirants in the capital markets to obtain in-depth understanding, both theoretical and practical, from Institute of Financial Markets of Pakistan (IFMP), an institute established by the securities markets regulator i.e., Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP). On completion of this diploma, the participants would have developed capability to sort solutions to meet specific requirements in the capital market.
- On successful completion of Diploma program, IFMP shall award eight (8) licensing/regulatory certifications to the participants.
- 3 Scholarships to best performing students, of Diploma Program, to sit in any CISI UK certifications for free.
- Exemption to Diploma holders from basic certifications of CISI UK
- Diploma holders will be eligible to work as equity brokers & dealers, commodities brokers & dealers, mutual fund distributors/agents, Fixed Income and Derivatives traders/dealers.
- To develop highly skilled practitioners with an in-depth understanding of strategic, tactical and operational issues due to disruptive dynamism.
- To familiarize the participants with the best practices in the industry (both local and international).
- To cultivate visionary anticipation skills required for successful management.
- To impart study techniques that will help prepare participants for the International certificate examinations, when applied.
- To acquire tools of leadership, problem solving & decision making.
- To establish cost of leadership.
- Personal Effectiveness and Business Communication
- Fundamentals of Capital Markets
- Regulatory Regime in Pakistan's Capital Markets
- Mechanics of Stock Trading and Broking Business
- Mutual Funds Advisory and Distribution Business
- Mechanics of Commodities Trading and Broking Business
- Trading and Valuation of Financial Derivatives
- Fixed Income Securities Trading and Valuation
Who Should Attend?
Diploma in Capital Market is ideal for practitioners pursuing careers in asset management, treasury and financial controlling functions, brokerage, fixed income analysis, private equity, internal audit, equity analysis, fund management, financial consulting, financial risk management, investor relations, portfolio management, venture capital and specialist financial operations.
It is a unique and comprehensive program to be offered along with management trainee program by organizations operating in capital markets.
Upon completion, a participant will:
- Be able to identify and understand the key macroeconomic and financial factors.
- Understand the operation and mechanisms of stock, commodity and derivative markets, from both a technical and financial perspective.
- Know in-depth knowledge of risk management and surveillance in capital markets.
- Be able to develop and trade new and complex capital market products like options, index futures, and exchange traded funds, and commodity futures.
- Know how to make investment strategies, build a portfolio and measure the investment returns.
- Understand market terminologies and practices.
- Be able to furnish with wide range of capital market concepts, which will allow them to achieve full understanding of the developing mechanics of the capital market.
- Learn in-depth knowledge of regulations governing the capital market and ethics required to work professionally.
- Understand the application and mechanics of derivative instruments.
- Know the brief overview of fixed income securities and markets.
¬Learning from the best practices & functions of projects around the world:
- Lecture (Class room & Video Conference)
- Project (Live business cases from the organizations)
- Group Activities / Simulations/ Syndicate
- Visits: Strategic Locations
- Learning Management System
- Learning from the practitioners
- Guest Speakers
- In-depth study of various projects in Pakistan
- Case Studies
- International Journals
- Text Books
An applicant must have:
- A bachelor's degree from HEC recognized educational institution in any area of study.
- An adequate post qualification work experience.
- Admissions will be based on Panel Interviews.
- Each application will be thoroughly screened and will only be accepted if deemed suitable for the program.
- Nominations with incomplete application forms and incomplete documents will not be entertained.
Program Fees: PKR 90,000/- (excluding all applicable taxes)
Group discounts are available
Advanced Payment Schedule Total Total fee in Advance PKR 90,000 Last date of fee submission 31st January, 2019 Installments Payment Schedule Total Total Fee (if paid in 4 equal installments) PKR 22,500 PKR 22,500 PKR 22,500 PKR 22,500 PKR 90,000 Last Date of fee submission 31st January, 2019 25-Feb-19 15-Mar-19 1-Apr-19
- Admission fees PKR 1000/-
Payment is due upon receipt of the acceptance of participants to the program along with the invoice. Please ensure that the payment reaches the CEE Office before commencement of the program because seat in the class will only be reserved once the fee is received.
Payment can be made via cheque / bank draft payable to the "Institute of Business Administration, Karachi" at the following address:
Center for Executive Education (CEE)
IBA, City Campus, Garden/Kayani Shaheed Road,
For online payments via credit cards:
From dropdown 1 & 2 please select 'Executive Education'