Effective Business Model Generation Strategies - December 7 & 8, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 6:30pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
The successful launch and market adoption of a productdepends on the creation of a robust business model which requires strategic thinking by considering various business model generation methodologies. BMG workshop focuses on a number of powerful and effective approaches (such as canvas approach, customer profiling and visual thinking) which help with the synthesis of a customer-focused business model. The key objective of this workshop is to share contemporary thinking about the design and developmentof a business model that is market centric and cost effective. The BMG will be a hands-on workshop that will go through practical and innovative techniques that are used by world's leading companies such as Apple, Microsoft and Skype. The participants will learn, through active engagement, how to systematically understand, design and implement new business models or to analyze and renovate old ones.
Entrepreneurs, Executives, Business Consultants, Innovators, Product Developers, Marketers, Researchers, Academics and Other Professionals that are involved in product development, product launch, product positioning and branding activities.
Dr. Khurram Sharif:
Dr. Khurram Sharif graduated as an Electronics Engineer from University of Kent at Canterbury, England. He did his MBA from Lancaster University and his PhD (in Business-to-Business Marketing) from Kingston University, England. Currently he divides his time between a marketing faculty position at Qatar University and supporting Innovation Design Centre at Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP). He has worked with a number of public and private organizations in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), South East Asian and European regions.His clients have come from companies within healthcare, telecommunications, education and oil and gas sectors.
More recently his training and research interests have been focused on 'Innovation and Efficient Marketing'. He is serving as amember of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Innovation and Business Strategies (IJIBS). He likes 'action research' and 'experiential training' where he involves himself and participants in the knowledge creation and learning process. When not overwhelmed by his three hyperactive teenage sons, he enjoys travelling, eating and music.
- Business model canvas: Definition of a business model, Nine building blocks of a business model
- Business model language: Business model patterns, Business model dynamics
- Design thinking: Customer insights, Ideation, Visual thinking, Prototyping, Storytelling and Scenarios
- Strategic Branding: Creating a powerful brand identity, Effective brand architecture, Memorable brand experiences, The Gestalt Approach.
- Team activities
- Group discussions
- Case analysis
- Critical thinking exercises
On completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand business model generation dynamics related to consumer and business products
- Apply business model design techniques to innovations
- Evaluate different business models in terms of their strengths and weaknesses
- Construct different business models using canvas approach
- Utilize practical branding concepts for marketing new products and repositioning old ones
- Think creatively to formulate business models of the future
- Position business model effectively through customer centricity and user profiling.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking