Emotional Intelligence Toolkit for Managers - November 24-25, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Picture a manager who never loses his/her temper no matter what situation he/she is facing. Think of someone who you like to talk to, respect their opinion and admire their calm approach to life. This person has high levels of Emotional Intelligence (EI). This individual knows how to manage his/her emotions and regulate the emotions of others. People with high EI (whatever role they perform) can positively engage and involve others by successfully tuning into their behaviors, feelings and thinking. If you are a manager (leader), EI can be a very useful tool for getting the best out of your team, colleagues, students and friends. Through utilization of EI tools, you can not only become a better manager but you can also become a better human being.
Dr. Khurram Sharif:
Dr. Khurram Sharif: is a business consultant with Mega Business Solutions; a Saudi Human Resource Development firm. He did his MBA from Lancaster University and his PhD (in Business to Business Relationships) from Kingston University, United Kingdom. He has taught, trained and consulted in the GCC, Far East and the Sub-Continent region. His experience ranges from Pharmaceutical Sales, Vocational Training and Higher Education. He is an international master trainer who has worked with a number of international blue chip clients. Dr. Sharif uses 'experiential' approach to training where he involves himself and the participants in the knowledge creation and learning process.
Who should attend?
This is a general workshop which should be useful for anyone who wants to utilize or apply emotional intelligence purposefully. More specifically, this workshop will be very beneficial for senior and middle level managers who are leading a group of individuals within an organization.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants should be able to action learned concepts to improve and further develop their emotional intelligence by:
- Utilizing emotionality as an effective team building tool.
- Improving decision-making by being more rational than emotional
- Fostering motivating through positive mental energy
- Using communication for creating positive emotionality cycles
- Managing emotions of others for optimal performance
- Effective utilization of body language
- Reducing conflict through management of strong emotions
- Improving quality of life through realizing of your emotional strengths and weaknesses
- Levels of Emotional Intelligence
- Regulating emotions of others
- Programming the brain
- Understanding emotional disconnection
- Emotional self-awareness
- Emotionally intelligent communication
- Creating emotionally balanced teams
- Emotional commitment cycle
- Conflict handling through emotions control
- Positive utilization of body language
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking