Financial Acumen Simulation Program- October 25 & 26, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 6:30pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
The simulation program has been designed using a captivating board game that lets you discover the enigma of finance and business world with fun. It develops business awareness and helps participants understand inter-functional relationships that exists within an organization. It breaks the barrier of the isolated understanding of business for people in sales, marketing, operations, and finance functions by allowing them to take key business decisions within business game context.
The program enables employees from all structural levels to develop a deeper insight into business and improve their contribution to the business performance. It encourages teamwork, cooperation, communication and strategy building. Furthermore, it offers an effective way to identify and evaluate the many trade-offs involved by giving a visual and physical representation of cash flows and resources.
At the end of our program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and analyse market opportunities, implement market strategies.
- Identify and measure the drivers of business performance, analyse the impact of actions
- Manage Cash Flow - operational cash flow, cash generation, investment cash flow, working capital.
- Prepare revenue and cost budgets.
- Analyse and understand the different drivers of revenue and cost budgets.
- Read and draft Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- Analyse Income Statements through diagnostic tools (vertical and horizontal trend analysis, financial ratios, benchmarking)
- Understand Balance Sheets using solvency and liquidity ratios, return on investment measures, cash flow, benchmarking, external standards.
- Report on actual results compared to budgets, conduct variance analysis
- Develop strategies for managing budgets.
- Differentiate between types of costs according to behaviour (fixed and variable), allocate costs and conduct breakeven analysis.
- Make decisions, implement them and assess the results within broader business context.
- Consider cross functional dependencies, allocation and utilisation of limited resources, competitor activity and business performance.
- Work as a team, understand the organizational structure of business.
- Learn how to approach different situations considering the specific views of the professionals involved in the process.
Who should attend?
Middle and senior management staff from sales, marketing, operations, HR, finance, audit and accounting functions welcomed to attend this program. Generally, the program is relevant for all functional decision makers as well as those involved in managing a team.
The simulation involves group of 4 participants with a designated CEO, Marketing Head, Operations Head, and a CFO. They will be responsible to manage their own company, and compete with other teams for market share. Following a well-explained and realistic business process, participants make all the decisions involved in their operations, such as:
- investing in market research,
- developing new markets,
- recruiting and training staff,
- investing in capex,
- financing capex, equity or loan
- purchasing raw materials,
- new product development or product upgrade,
- tendering for sales and various funding decisions.
The general format of the program is key concepts, board game business cycle, reflection.., etc. Teams run a number of cycles, and after each cycle they have to draft and analyse the financial records of their business to assess their own performance.
Hasnain R. Badami, ACA:
Hasnain R. Badami, ACA is a qualified Chartered Accountant with cumulative experience of 11+ years in the profession and also holds a Masters' degree in Philosophy. Hasnain has worked with Ernst & Young (Karachi, Dubai and Jeddah offices) and with Internal Audit function in Engro Polymer & Chemical Limited. Presently, he is the Director of Ingenium Business Solutions that specializes in e-learnings and Business, Finance, Ethics, Audit, and Leadership Trainings.
He has trained professionals from 75+ organisations with diverse industry background, notable few are Engro Corporation, Engro Foods Limited, Bank Al Falah, SSGC, PNSC, PEL, NIB Bank, Bank Al Habib Limited, Khaadi, Bayer Pakistan, Soneri Bank, Byco, Jubilee Insurance, Linde Pakistan, EFU General Insurance, HUBCO, PPL, etc. Hasnain is also an educator by passion with an alumni of 1,000+ CAs to his credit and taught 2600+ CA Final Audit students. Hasnain is also an elected member of Regional Committee of ICAP that is responsible for members' CPD affairs.
Muhammad Danish, FCA:
Muhammad Danish, FCA is a qualified Chartered Accountant with cumulative experience of 15+ years in auditing, compliance, internal audit, finance, accounting, project management and training & development. He had been heading Compliance function in Siemens. Prior to Siemens, he worked with Ernst & Young Karachi and Johannesburg offices. Presently, he serves as Chief executive and Director at Redwood Global Services, an outsourcing firm, operating in Karachi with network offices in Singapore and Canada. He also serves as a Director at Ingenium Business Solutions.
Danish is a natural storyteller and an instructional designer by passion. His trainings are a mixture of games, activities, insightful discussions and makes learning possible via reflection. He has successfully trained management professionals from 50+ organisations, notably, Bayer Pakistan, PEL, MCB Arif Habib, UBL Fund Managers, Hino Pak Motors, Fauji fertilizer, Atlas Honda, Venus Pakistan, Bank Al Habib Limited, SSGC, Engro Corporation, Engro Polymer and Chemicals Limited, PARCO, Bayer Crop Science, Ontex, etc.
Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking