Guide to Management Consulting - August 25 & 26, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Management consulting is an independent professional advisory service assisting managers and organizations to achieve organizational purposes and objectives by solving management and business problems, identifying and seizing now opportunities, enhancing learning and implementing changes". Management consultants may be internal or hired from outside as independent professional advisors. Consultants are mostly used by organizations for: 1) achieving organizational objectives; 2) solving management and business problems; 3) identifying and seizing now opportunities; 4) enhancing learning; and 5) implementing changes. This one day course will provide guidance to both internal experts asked by management to solve problems and to independent external management consultants. The program will be helpful to both new and mid level professionals.
Dr. Junaid Ahmad:
Ph.D in Finance and Policy from McGill University Canada, M.A. in Economics from McGill University Canada M.B.A. and BCom from Concordia University, Canada and BCom Govt. College of Commerce & Economics, Karachi.
- He has industry experience at senior and top management levels at Bell Canada, National Construction Ltd. and Agriauto Industries Ltd. He founded National Management Consultants in 1986 and for the last over 30 years he is heading the company and its group companies.
- Chairman and founder of National Management Consultants (Pvt) Ltd. Pakistan's premier management consultancy firm. Since June, 1986 NMC has completed over 1,400 studies in the areas of management, finance, economics, engineering, policy and strategy. During the last over 30 years. NMC has assisted in setting-up over 200 industrial, commercial (136 units), financial (10 banks & FIs), educational (40 institutions including three universities, LUMS, Hamdard & Foundation University) and health care projects (14 hospitals).
- Chairman of NEC Consultants since 1992, Pakistan's largest environmental consulting firm employing more than 100 engineers in the field of environment with offices in Riyadh and Toronto.
- Founder Chairman of Vital Information Services (VIS) - the only Financial Ranking and Corporate Data Warehousing Company of Pakistan. VIS is the principal shareholder of JCR-VIS Credit Rating Company which controls major market share for credit rating in the Country. Both these are market leaders.
- Chairman of APTECH Pak Operations. Operating 25 Aptech Computer Education Centers in the Country with over 15,000 students.
He has advised a number of Govt. departments, State Owned Enterprises and private corporates including: Ministry of Finance / Prime Minister as Investment Advisor (2006-2008); Civil Aviation Authority, as Advisor to DG, CAA (2004-06) Air Marshal Saleem Arshad; International Islamic University Islamabad (2009-2011) as Advisor to President, IIUI; DHA Karachi as Advisor to Corps Commander, Karachi (2011-12) Lt. Gen (R) Zaheer ul Islam; Currently he is advising KPT on a number of important financial matters; and He is also Chairman of the Economic Committee and Member of BoG of Karachi Council on Foreign Relations and Member of BoG of Pakistan Institute of Management (PIM).
- Nature and purpose of Management Consulting
- The Consulting Industry – Worldwide & in Pakistan
- The Consultant – Client relationship
- Consulting and change
- Consulting and culture
- Professionalism and ethics in consulting
- The Consulting Process – Entry, Diagnosis, Action Planning Implementation and Termination
- Consulting in Various Areas of Management – General & strategic management; IT; Financial management; SME; and Public Sector
- Managing a consulting Firm – Firm's strategy; Marketing; Costs and fees; Assignment management; Quality management; and Structuring the firm.
Who should attend?
- Young MBAs, Engineers, Medical Doctors, IT Graduates desirous of becoming management consultants
- Mid level and senior managers as internal consultants
- Senior professionals desirous of entering the field as management consultants
- They will learn the basics of management consulting as a profession and its prospects. It will enable the participants to plan their career progression also.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking