Managing Family Businesses "How to manage money?" – Understanding finance and costs. - Jan 28-29-30-31, 2014
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|| |
This course is offered in joint collaboration with SPJIMR, Mumbai.
This Course is designed to enable candidates to understand the way organizations manufacture goods and/or deliver services. It focuses on familiarizing the candidates with the tools and techniques in designing and managing the processes to achieve competitive advantage in terms of time, quality, cost and flexibility.
Overall the discussions will be supported by case studies (with emphasis on issues and concerns to be addressed during implementation), covering several industries where the principles and techniques have been implemented by the faculty member; viz. pharmaceuticals, textiles, cosmetics, glass bottles, polyester films, engineering, packaging materials manufacturing, fabrication workshops, readymade garments, etc. Cases reported in professional literature will also be discussed.
At the end of the workshop, each participant will be able to draw up a time bound personal and organization ACTION AGENDA, to implement the learning.
- Family Businessmen
- Executives & Family Members involved in Family Businesses
- All those interested in the subject
Professor Parimal Merchant
Director Center for Family Managed Businesses at S. P. Global Jain Institute of Management & Research, India.
He has been giving courses in finance and general management. In finance his stress has been on applied finance in field of costing, working capital management and capital structuring. In General Management he has been teaching extensively the book "Managing for Results" by Peter Drucker. He has co-authored working paper on Succession Planning in Family Managed Business. He has presented various seminars on issues of Family Managed Businesses and role of MBA education in Small and Medium Family Managed Businesses. He has authored a case on CSR initiative in India published in an ASPEAN supported book project by AIM Manila.
The key objectives for this interactive workshop cover the following topic:
- How to manage money?' – Understanding finance and costs.
- Attend the workshop series & find out for yourself the value that this program brings to your business, your family and to yourself.
- All workshops are 1.5 day each & will be conducted Friday 2nd half (2:30pm to 5:00pm) & Saturday full day (9:00am to 5:00pm)
- All workshops are inclusive of Course material, IBA & SPJIMR Joint Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments, Group Photograph & Business Networking