Masterclass: Public Speaking Demystified- November 14 - 15, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Is a fear of Public Speaking holding you or your organisation back? Speaking in public poses a tough challenge for even the toughest executives. Whether it's the challenge of honing a crystal-clear message, managing the nerves or making your message stick, the impact you achieve can make or break your reputation in the eyes of audience members. What are the keys to mastering the world's "Number 1 Fear"?
This very popular course focuses on the foundations of effective communication: delivery skills, a clear structure and the use of stories. As a participant, you pick up simple, practical tips which to implement right away in your role – for meetings, Q&A, presentations and for any pressure situation you might encounter with an audience.
Who should attend?
This two day course is ideal for senior executives who are looking to become better speakers and comunicators. Those leaders who want to master the ability to speak confidently in public and thereby giving you and your organisation an edge.
George Fulton has over 15 years' experience in public relations, television production and broadcast journalism. He has overseen external communications roles for the British Council, the Qatar Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Atlantic Partnership acting as an advocate for these organisations to senior politicians and stakeholders in Pakistan, Qatar, US and UK, as well as to the press and media. George has also been the executive producer, writer and presenter of television programmes in Pakistan; including Kiran aur George and George Ka Pakistan. He also has produced HARDtalk Pakistan and Question Time Pakistan for BBC World. He has written for all the major English language newspapers in Pakistan, as well as for the Guardian (UK) and Mail on Sunday (UK).He has an MBA (Distinction) from Manchester Business School, and BA(Hons) in History from the University of Bristol.
By actively participating in this two-day course, you will come away be able to:
- Project confidence and 'executive presence', when speaking under pressure
- Prepare presentations/pitches significantly quicker, saving time
- Speak off-the-cuff with greater assurance
- Get your message across more clearly, concisely and impactfully
- Engage and maintain the attention of your audience
- Handle the Q&A session with greater effectiveness
- Present with slides more effectively
- Achieve greater all-round impact as a leader, differentiating both you and your organization in the marketplace
- How to project confidence - even if you don't feel it!
- Achieve greater clarity with your messaging
- How to structure a speech/answer at short notice
- How to speak without notes
- How to make your message stick
- How to manage the 'nerves'
- Learn how to get your message across clearly and concisely through the spoken word.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking