Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management - Sat - Sun
|Time:||Sat 2:30pm - 9:00pm
Sun 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Info:||email@example.com||Academic Plan 2017|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)||Brochure 2015|
|Online Forms availability||September 1, 2016|
|Submission of forms deadline||December 15, 2016|
|Interviews & Admission offers||December 16 to 30, 2016|
|Fee and Document Submission||January 4, 2017|
|Orientation Ceremony||January 7, 2017|
|Class commencement||January 7, 2017|
PGD in Human Resource Management will equip the students with the knowledge and skills required for managing human resource and organizational culture in a way that contributes to the development of individuals and organizations. It will provide requisite academic perspective and help participants to understand and apply it judiciously in their work environment. It will help participants create more productive & satisfying workplaces for themselves & others.
This course aims at providing professional development and career progression. It will provide best combination of local scenarios and International best practices. The studies will also be augmented by online learning facility through learning Management System.
- To equip the participants with the knowledge and skills required for managing human resource and organizational culture in a way that contributes to the development of individuals and organizations.
- To provide requisite academic perspective and help participants to understand and apply it judiciously in their work environment.
- To help create more productive & satisfying workplaces for themselves & others.
The knowledge, skills and experience that have been imparted by the yearlong diploma has successfully equipped me to confidently take on the challenge of shifting my career to the Human Resource Management. This has been made possible by learning from the Industry leaders in HR and their experience shared in class. The case study methodology specifically has taught us the real world application of the processes and broadens our perspective of the important role HR plays in an organization's development for meeting its vision and mission, creating the strategic fit that every organization seeks.
I sincerely hope that my transition to HR will prove to be an opportunity for me to apply my competitive skills and knowledge earned from this diploma, to add to my experience an improving and transforming HR wherever I may pursue my career ahead.
IBA, Karachi Not only did I enjoyed a lot the course. Its also gave insight into how HRM key of success, I was never understand before about revolutionary role of HR in organisation its do really magic in people management. I want to give my appreciation to IBA specially CEE to give support in all manners. My thanks especially to Mr. Izhar, Kehkashan., Dr. Shahid Mir, Mr. Shah Saad M. Hussain, Mr. Shakeel Mapara, Mr. Amer Naseer and many more who were always ready to offer assistance and support. I strongly advocate IBA and this program to all managers either in HR or not as it's useful for every manager.
I missed IBA canteen, classrooms, lab, Library and my colleagues ever.Roger Eli Paul Executive Secretary to Dean & Director IBA Karachi
Batch 2015 – PGD HRM
Highly recommend this course to anyone struggling with the transition to a Human Recourse and leadership role.
The knowledge I have gained from just one year is amazing and my confidence in all areas of my managerial job has increased dramatically. The support I received from IBA Faculties and Administration was of an extremely high standard which was a big help. Good luck to anyone starting on this journey - you'll come out so much better off!Haseen Fatima Assistant Director, Sindh Education Foundation
Batch 2015 – PGD HRM
The IBA-PGD(HR) experience has definitely exceeded my expectations and in my opinion this program is not just a step in the right direction but a leap towards your professional goals. The practical skills backed by academic knowledge have given me the confidence to pursue a career in any where in the country. Above all else, for me the friendships I formed with my classmates are priceless and have already paid great dividends.Rub Nawaz Senior Executive - Karachi International Container TerminalThe
Batch 2015 – PGD HRM
To get admission in PGD program in IBA is an opportunity for me. IBA is truly an exceptional institute providing an invaluable learning experience of the highest calibre. PGD from IBA is the best way to learn new concepts & methods and ways to implement these in our professional lives. Without hesitation, I can say that every day I use what I learn in my PGD program. To anyone considering doing this course I'd say do not hesitate. This course is a really worthwhile degree to do, the skills you will obtain by doing this course will be very attractive to potential employers. The faculty at IBA are inspiring and are dedicated to making a positive learning experience for students. They gave me the strength to overcome my weaknesses and reach my maximum potential. My time in IBA has taught me many valuable lessons that I will carry with me as I move forward.Khalid Ghafoor - Sr. Manager-HR, Lucky Cement Ltd.
Batch 2015 – PGD HRM
- The top leading faculty for the program is drawn from a mix of Academicians, Industry Practitioners and globally renowned professionals.
- Total Applicants: 117
- Completed Online Forms: 54
- Shortlisted for Interviews: 28
- Offer Letter: 22
- Students: 18
Students by Function
Students by qualification
Organizations Students are from
- Indus Motor Company
- Pharmatec Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.
- Automotive Spares & Accessories Pvt Ltd.
- Dubai Super Store
- A.A. EX CO Pvt. Ltd.
- Marie Stopes Society
- International Industries Company
- Gear for Sports Inc.
- Hospital Supply Corporation
- Atco Lab
- Macos International Agencies
- Al-Ghazi Tractors Ltd.
- Getz Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Hoora Pharma
- IBM Pakistan
- Gasco Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- USAID-Marie Stopes Society
- Syngenta Pakistan Ltd.
- Mustafa Associate Builders
- Abbott Laboratories Pakistan
Who should apply?
- * Management level Executives wanting to enhance their skills in the human resource management area.
- * Those who are managing human resources of any magnitude or Anyone who opt for HRM (Mid-career shift)
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree from HEC recognized educational institution in any area of study (or particularly in Human Resources Management) and:
- 14 Years Education with 6 years. post-qualification work experience.
- 16 Years Education with 3 years. post-qualification work experience.
- Holders of professional degrees
Preliminary Test and Interviews will be conducted to shortlist the candidates.
- 1 year weekend program Leading to EMBA* (ideal for working professionals)
- Case Study based teaching
- Real life learning
- Guest speaker sessions
- Industry Trips
- Live Projects
- Video Conferences
- In-depth study of various projects in Pakistan
- Learning from the best practices & functions of projects around the world:
- Case Studies
- International Journals
- Text Books
- Standards & Certifications
- Governmental Laws & Regulations , Compliance
- Lecture (Class room & Video Conference)
- Project (Live business cases from the organizations)
- Group Activities / Simulations/ Syndicate
- Visits: Strategic Locations
- The testing procedures are congruent with these pedagogical objectives and are designed to ensure that the above is achieved. Studentswill be assessed on the following.
News & Events
Study trip to Al Shaheer Corporation (Meat One) WarehouseOn April 4, 2015 PGD SCM & HRM students took a study trip to Al Shaheer Corporation (Meat One) Warehouse at Gadap. Mr. Adnan Ahmed, Chief Operation Officer, Al Shaheer Corporation hosted the trip.
The students were first taken to the cattle reserves, followed by the tour to live cattle cutting and the chilling area. The trip was followed by a session by Mr. Adnan Ahmed on the existing SCM & HRM flows followed by Al Shaheer Corporation and its future global and local expansion plans. Dr. Rameez Khalid, Mr. Ameer Rizvi & Mr. Faisal Jalal were among the faculty members who facilitated the trip. The trip was concluded with the State-of-the Art laborities visit followed by refreshments for the visitors.
Visit to Lucky Cement PlantThe PGD HRM students with faculty Mr. Afaq Qazi visited Lucky Cement Plant in October 2015.
Mr. Khalid Ghafoor from Lucky cement who is also the student in PGD HRM hosted the trip. The students were first shown the video of Lucky Cement followed by a detailed trip to quarry and the plant. In the second half of the day the students in the form of groups did a small survey visiting different departments.