Post-Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management - Sat - Sun
|Time:||Sat 2:30pm - 9:00pm
Sun 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Info:||email@example.com||Academic Plan 2017|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)||Brochure 2015|
|Online Forms availability||September 1, 2016|
|Submission of forms deadline||December 15, 2016|
|Interviews & Admission offers||December 16 to 30, 2016|
|Fee and Document Submission||January 4, 2017|
|Orientation Ceremony||January 7, 2017|
|Class commencement||January 7, 2017|
Message from Academic Director
Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management (PGD-SCM) is a program that IBA, Karachi has developed to fill the competency gap that exists in managing supply chains in Pakistan. This program is developed after more than 3 years of research by taking inputs from top supply chain academic programs, executive interviews, published research and contents of renowned relevant certifications. This program will transform the participants, no matter which area of the supply chain they belong to, into Supply Chain Specialists. IBA-advantage will develop them into life-long learners by providing an environment which is full of rigor and relevance. This will prepare them in dealing with existing and future challenges by developing their supply chain acumen, leadership skill, professional ethics and social sense.
Dr. Rameez Khalid
PMP, CQSSBB, OCP
Lead Assessor QMS & OHSAS
Academic Director PGD Supply Chain Management
Department of Management
PGD-SCM is a program that has been developed to fill the competency gap. This program will transform the participants, no matter which area of the supply chain they belong to, into Supply Chain Specialists. We will develop them into life-long learners by providing an environment which is full of rigor and relevance. This will prepare them how to deal with existing and future challenges by developing their supply chain acumen, leadership skill, professional ethics and social sense.
To develop ethical and competent supply chain leaders by:
- Providing knowledge of strategic, design /tactical and operational issues in managing supply chains.
- Exposing to upstream, operations, downstream and integration elements, with an especial emphasis on integration.
- Creating both the local and global mindset with national, regional and global business perspective.
- Grooming competencies in supply chain relevant: standards, best practices and technology.
- Motivating for life-long learning, e.g. admitting in post-graduate studies and preparing for renowned international certifications.
- Enhancing: creative; analytical problem solving; project management; team; and communications skills.
- Building business ethics with social and environmental sense.
After successfully completing PGD-SCM program, the participants will attain an ability to:
- Define and express fundamental issues at the strategic, design /tactical and operational levels in managing supply chains.
- Identify and illustrate the basic upstream, operations, downstream and integrations elements for effective supply chain management.
- Know and comprehend local and global contemporary issues having implications on supply chain management.
- Apply modern modeling and simulation techniques, along with supply chain relevant standards, best practices, technology and computing tools.
- Identify, formulate and solve supply chain problems, and balance between the business and human factors while choosing among alternatives.
- Critique on elements of a supply chain strategy and their impact on business objectives along with recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously engage in education, professional development and personal effectiveness.
- Manifest project management and team skills in diverse cultural setting.
- Communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means in a technical setting.
- Appreciate the importance of ethical, social and environmental issues with business dilemmas.
- 12 course
- 3 trimesters; 4 courses in each trimester
- 1 year program
- Weekend program
- Saturday 02:30pm - 05:30 pm & 06:00 pm – 09:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am -- 01:00 pm & 02:00 pm-05:00 pm
Audience & Fees
Who should attend?
* Management level Executives wanting to enhance their skills in the supply chain management area.Eligibility
* Those who are managing supply chain of any magnitude
Anyone who opt for SCM (Mid-career shift)
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree (with a minimum of 60%) from HEC recognized educational institution in any area of study (or particularly in Supply Chain Management) and:Pedagogy
* 14 Years Education with 6 years' post-quantification work experience.
* 16 Years Education with 3 years' post-quantification work experience.
* Holders of professional degrees
- In-depth study of various projects in Pakistan
- Learning from the best practices & functions of projects around the world:
- Case Studies
- International Journals
- Text Books
- Standards & Certifications
- Governmental Laws & Regulations , Compliance
- Lecture (Class room & Video Conference)
- Project (Live business cases from the organizations)
- Group Activities / Simulations/ Syndicate
- Visits: Strategic Supply Chain Locations
Processing Fee PKR 3,500Tuition Fees:
Security Deposit (Refundable) PKR 20,000
Diploma Certificate Fee PKR 5,000
Fee per course (if paid in full) PKR 30,000
Fee per course (if paid in installments) PKR 35,000
If paid in full (advance)
Semester 1 Semester 2 Semester 3
PKR 120,000 PKR 120,000 PKR 120,000
If paid in 3 equal installments
PKR 140,000 PKR 140,000 PKR 140,000
Total Fee (if paid in Advanced) PKR 368,500
Total Fee (if paid in 3 equal installments) PKR 428,500
* Students are required to arrange for their own books and photocopying etc.
- News & Events