Post-Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management - Sat - Sun
|Time:||Sat 2:30pm - 9:00pm
Sun 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Academic Plan 2019|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
|Online Forms availability||October 1,2018|
|Submission of forms deadline||December 7, 2018|
|Interviews & Admission offers||December 8,2018|
|Fee and Document Submission||December 29,2018|
|Orientation Ceremony||January 5,2019|
|Classes commence||January 5,2019|
Message from Academic Director
Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management (PGD-SCM) is a program that IBA, Karachi has developed to fill the competency gap that exists in managing supply chains in Pakistan. This program is developed after more than 3 years of research by taking inputs from top supply chain academic programs, executive interviews, published research and contents of renowned relevant certifications. This program will transform the participants, no matter which area of the supply chain they belong to, into Supply Chain Specialists. IBA-advantage will develop them into life-long learners by providing an environment which is full of rigor and relevance. This will prepare them in dealing with existing and future challenges by developing their supply chain acumen, leadership skill, professional ethics and social sense.
Dr. Rameez Khalid
PMP, CQSSBB, OCP
Lead Assessor QMS & OHSAS
Academic Director PGD Supply Chain Management
Department of Management
PGD-SCM is a program that has been developed to fill the competency gap. This program will transform the participants, no matter which area of the supply chain they belong to, into Supply Chain Specialists. We will develop them into life-long learners by providing an environment which is full of rigor and relevance. This will prepare them how to deal with existing and future challenges by developing their supply chain acumen, leadership skill, professional ethics and social sense.
To develop ethical and competent supply chain leaders by:
- Providing knowledge of strategic, design /tactical and operational issues in managing supply chains.
- Exposing to upstream, operations, downstream and integration elements, with an especial emphasis on integration.
- Creating both the local and global mindset with national, regional and global business perspective.
- Grooming competencies in supply chain relevant: standards, best practices and technology.
- Motivating for life-long learning, e.g. admitting in post-graduate studies and preparing for renowned international certifications.
- Enhancing: creative; analytical problem solving; project management; team; and communications skills.
- Building business ethics with social and environmental sense.
After successfully completing PGD-SCM program, the participants will attain an ability to:
- Define and express fundamental issues at the strategic, design /tactical and operational levels in managing supply chains.
- Identify and illustrate the basic upstream, operations, downstream and integrations elements for effective supply chain management.
- Know and comprehend local and global contemporary issues having implications on supply chain management.
- Apply modern modeling and simulation techniques, along with supply chain relevant standards, best practices, technology and computing tools.
- Identify, formulate and solve supply chain problems, and balance between the business and human factors while choosing among alternatives.
- Critique on elements of a supply chain strategy and their impact on business objectives along with recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously engage in education, professional development and personal effectiveness.
- Manifest project management and team skills in diverse cultural setting.
- Communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means in a technical setting.
- Appreciate the importance of ethical, social and environmental issues with business dilemmas.
- 12 course
- 3 trimesters; 4 courses in each trimester
- 1 year program
- Weekend program
- Saturday 02:30pm - 05:30 pm & 06:00 pm – 09:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am -- 01:00 pm & 02:00 pm-05:00 pm
Audience & Fees
Who should attend?
* Management level Executives wanting to enhance their skills in the supply chain management area.Eligibility
* Those who are managing supply chain of any magnitude
Anyone who opt for SCM (Mid-career shift)
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree (with a minimum of 60%) from HEC recognized educational institution in any area of study (or particularly in Supply Chain Management) and:Pedagogy
* 14 Years Education with 6 years' post-quantification work experience.
* 16 Years Education with 3 years' post-quantification work experience.
* Holders of professional degrees
- In-depth study of various projects in Pakistan
- Learning from the best practices & functions of projects around the world:
- Case Studies
- International Journals
- Text Books
- Standards & Certifications
- Governmental Laws & Regulations , Compliance
- Lecture (Class room & Video Conference)
- Project (Live business cases from the organizations)
- Group Activities / Simulations/ Syndicate
- Visits: Strategic Supply Chain Locations
Processing Fee PKR 3,500Tuition Fees:
Security Deposit (Refundable) PKR 20,000
Diploma Certificate Fee PKR 5,000
Fee per course (if paid in full) PKR 30,000
Fee per course (if paid in installments) PKR 35,000
If paid in full (advance)
Semester 1 Semester 2 Semester 3
PKR 120,000 PKR 120,000 PKR 120,000
If paid in 3 equal installments
PKR 140,000 PKR 140,000 PKR 140,000
Total Fee (if paid in Advanced) PKR 368,500
Total Fee (if paid in 3 equal installments) PKR 428,500
* Students are required to arrange for their own books and photocopying etc.
1. How strong is the job market of supply chain?
There is a tremendous growth in this market and one can follow the various job postings in a sample of newspapers. Some keywords, that these supply chain relevant job postings usually have, are as follows: Procurement /Purchasing /Sourcing, Operations /Production, Logistics /Transportation /Warehousing, Distribution, Import, Export, ERP, Quality, Sustainability, and Forecasting. These are on the rise in the wake of numerous local and global events, such as OBOR (One Belt One Road) and CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor).2. How one would be able to land a job in supply chain after enrolling in IBA's PGD Supply Chain Management program even having less relevant prior experience?
PGD-SCM is designed to:
(a) Fill the competency gap in Professionals who are working in Supply Chain relevant fields.
(b) Prepare mid-career Professionals for career switching opportunities.
In this light, this program can help a participant having less relevant prior experience to land a job in supply chain. PGD-SCM is a program launched in 2015 that focus heavily on developing the right skills and the same are taught by a mix of IBA's top faculty and renowned industrial experts. This shows that the participants connect with the right people from the first semester, following the motto: "Your Net Worth is Your Network"!3. If a person is almost in the middle of his career; does he has to start from the scratch?
This can be the situation; however, the chances are remote. Mostly, PGD-SCM participants get a new role in the same organization with elevated /responsibilities /position /grade /salary or some have switched to bigger and renowned organizations.4. How prudent it would be to study a new field after having years of experience in a non-related field, say finance for example?
There are many participants of PGD-SCM, who had the same case. They are coming to the program with various objectives, such as: quality of knowledge imparted in the program; fill their knowledge gaps; fill their skill gaps; switch to supply chain relevant positions in or out of their companies; promotion; interest in escalating to a more general management position than the specific current one, and; some are sent /funded by their organizations so that they can add value to their existing JDs.5. How important it is to switch my field to Supply Chain?
This question cannot be completely answered as the urgency and importance are judgmental. However, if we consider the supply chain relevant current buzz words, such as: "Supply Chain Finance", "Supply Chain Analytics" and "Supply Chain Security", then we see that IBA's PGD-SCM is one of the very few programs in Pakistan that is offering courses that have these contents. IBA's PGD-SCM Program has partnered with various global organizations, such as: GS1-Pakistan (for sharing their knowledge of Global Standard of Barcodes, EDI and RFID Solutions with PGD-SCM participants); inChainge (for their supply chain finance simulation 'The Cool Connection', played by the PGD-SCM participants); Lloyd's Register Pakistan (for channeling their expertise on ISO-28000 – a standard on Supply Chain Security Management System to PGD-SCM participants); Lanner Group & Manchester Metropolitan University's Faculty (to deliver program to PGD-SCM participants on the modeling and simulation software: Witness), and; SAP University Alliance (so that PGD-SCM participants may access SAP's Modules). These highlight among others can definitely help a candidate in switching with confidence.6. Will IBA assists in finding a job that a PGD-SCM graduate deserves?
IBA has an institutional mechanism 'Career Development Center (CDC)' especially for this purpose. PGD-SCM participants can seek their guidance as required. A reality check, however, will be that CDC was developed to focus majorly on unemployed students, such as: Bachelor Degree programs (BBA and BS etc.) along with MBA Morning program. Other channels that a PGD-SCM participant can tap for this purpose are: (a) industries frequently approach IBA for recruitment, and subsequently PGD-SCM Program Office sends the participants these relevant job openings via email or other social media; (b) faculty member of PGD-SCM program work closely with industry as they have strong industrial linkages and thus can become an important source for jobs, and; (c) majority (above 95%) participants of PGD-SCM are already working at a senior to middle management positions, this developed student (classmates) network can further help in creating opportunities.7. Is it worth spending time and money on this program?
Depends on the priorities one has and the direction one would like to go. See the program in detail (cee.iba.edu.pk/PgdScm.php) and then decide whether it suits you or not. Also, IBA is listed is listed by ISM (Institute for Supply Management) in 2016 for its PGD-SCM program:
- News & Events
This program gives me a chance to excel my skills and confidence in supply chain management. An outstanding program that very successfully integrates academic and practical delivery. The outcome provides enhanced levels of learning and strategic thinking, a deep insight into global supply chain issues and leadership challenges, and immediate organizational benefits in terms of operational and cultural transformation. Faculties have very diverse experience from different industries and excellent overview across the supply chain. We have given the opportunity to enhance our learning experience with these high caliber individuals. This program offers Case Studies, Practical Examples, Guest speaker session and simulations to understand all functions of the supply chain.Muhammad Hammad ur RehmanMaintenance & Project Engineer,
Lubricant Supply Chain, Shell Pakistan Ltd.
"This one-year PGD SCM program has strengthened my theoretical supply chain management knowledge and to translate it into actionable initiatives. The program has covered with a broad-based knowledge of sourcing, procurement, transportation, warehousing, production and distribution, the SAP/ERP course by focusing on MM and PP gives the strength to choose a focus, such as spend analysis, operations management, marketing, strategy and decision making involving supply chains. International faculties' exposure has made this program prerequisite for the professionals in the supply chain industry who aspire to play a leadership role."Hammad AnwarManager Supply Chain
IBA PGD- SCM has given me the exposure I was looking for to take my career to the next level. The faculty is committed to student's success. The practical application of the PGD program emphasizes more on how to articulate supply chain's role and purpose within an organization and create the business case to demonstrate value. This degree will help me embark on the new opportunities in the field of supply chain management and logistics. With a different professional background, this can surely flourish my career profile and help me land on the desired career path.Amina SheraziSenior Manager Business Development- Partners Section
Students are from these organizations
- Indus Motor Company
- Pharmatec Pakistan Pvt Ltd.
- Automotive Spares & Accessories Pvt Ltd.
- Dubai Super Store.
- A.A. EX CO Pvt Ltd.
- Indus Motor Company
- Marie Stopes Society
- International Industries Company.
- Gear for Sports Inc.
- Hospital Supply Corporation
- Atco Lab
- Macos International Agencies.
- Al-Ghazi Tractors Ltd.
- Getz Pharma Pvt Ltd.
- Hoora Pharma
- IBM Pakistan
- Gasco Engineering Pvt Ltd.
- USAID-Marie Stopes Society
- Syngenta Pakistan Ltd.
- Mustafa Associate Builders
- Abbott Laboratories Pakistan
- Getz Pharma Pvt Ltd.