Project Management - Dec 14-18, 2015
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
This workshop is now certified with Project Management Institute (PMI), USA and is offered as Registered Education Provider (REP-PMI). The workshop will introduce a structured approach to managing projects in any industry or financial institution.
It will provide participants an opportunity to gain managerial practice through the development of 'Projects Execution Manual9 for a real life project. The Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) would be taken as the basis to achieve the desired target.
The complexity of project management knowledge is demystified by means of simplified explanations for easy understanding through common everyday examples that are enriched through professional real worldinstances to build a strong understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Project Team Leads
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
The Asia Foundation (TAF), Chevron Pakistan Limited, ENI Pakistan, National Telecommunication Corporation, OCDCL, Pharamatec Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd, Shirazi Investments (Pvt) limited, FATA Secretariat, UNDP, USAID Sindh Basic Education, Wah Nobel Group of Companies
Engr. Dr. Syed Irfan Nabi:
PMP®, PE, PhD (IBA, Pak), MS (GWU,USA), PGDTE (IUT, OIC), BSc Eng (UET Peshawar, Pak) Assistant Professor and Lead Trainer at Center of Executive Education, Institute of Business Administration. His areas of expertise include project management, change management, leadership & motivation, technology policy & planning, information systems and information security. He has about 20 years of national and international professional experience, working as Quality Assurance Consultant, Senior Researcher, System Specialist, IT Support Staff, Technical Trainer and Maintenance Engineer in various organizations including Ensign Communique, Fauji Fertilizer Company, Pakistan Steel, WorldWildlife Fund for Nature, George Washington University, and King Saud University. His extensive global exposure includes countries like LSA, Australia, Italy, Hungary, Saudi Arabia, Republic of Korea, and Bangladesh. He chairs the IT Security Techniques Technical Committee (PSQCA-ITC-TC3) of Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority and isa member of ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 "Information technology". With bachelor's in engineering he moved to engineering management for his master's and eventually to doctorate in management information systems. He has numerous scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles, conference papers and book chapters to his credit. His current research interests include ontology, theorization, knowledge understanding and representation, leadership and change management, human behavior, information security and fourth-generation warfare.
- Project management basics
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and competency based standards
- Selection and evaluation of project proposals
- PMBOK knowledge areas and process groups
- Project management processes; interactions and integration
- Knowledge areas (scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management)
- Project teams and successful completion of projects
A very important course for professional and personal growth. IBA CEE serves as the perfect learning incubator, if it may so be called.Mr. Farrukh Mujabid
Manager Coordination, Dawn Group of Newspapers (Pakistan Herald Publications Ltd.)
Course was well planned and tailored to the audience. Examples were relevant and this felt like a corporate learning session and not a class room, great experience and as an alumni, I am proud we are going in the right direction.Mr. Aiman Khan
Internal Auditor, Chevron Pakistan Limited
Participants will learn how to:
- Learn and apply a structured approach to projects for consistently managing them successfully
- Discover the whole range of competencies needed to be an accomplished project manager
- Develop understanding of the requirements and complexities of project management
- Explore and apply a set of more than two dozen tools available for effective project selection, planning and monitoring
- Comprehend the personality traits required in a project manager
- Develop professional networking contacts
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking