Pakistan's Second Women Directors' Training Program hosted by Center for Executive Education, IBA, Karachi
As per Section 154 (d) of the New Companies Act 2017, public interest companies shall be required to have female representation on their board as may be specified by the Commission.
With the addition of female representation for the boards, CEE hosted the second iteration of the Women Directors' Training Program from May 7 to 10, 2018. CEE certified a total of seven women under this program. This program was exclusive for:
- Women of the Family Business
- Women Executives & Directors seeking opportunities on the board
- Existing Women on the Boards who want to refresh and update new regulatory knowledge
This highly customized program provided guidance on targeted areas to ensure that Directors of listed companies with specific requirements remain up to date. This program keeps participants abreast of leading trends and practices that promote good governance, protect competitive advantages and prepare for regulatory change.
Insitute of Directors, UK (Online Exam)
All Certified Directors by IBA CEE are eligible to take the online exam to obtain the "Award in Role of the Director and the Board" with IoD, UK. This exam will lead to Certificate in Company Direction (subject to fulfilment of all requirements set by IoD, UK) which is internationally recognized as the benchmark for directors, providing a robust and challenging qualification which meets the needs of today's board members.
The program was taught by leading academicians and industry practitioners including:
- Mahreen Nazar, Faculty, IBA, Karachi
- Abdul Rahim Suriya, Visiting Faculty, IBA
- Nausheen Ahmad, Company Secretary, HBL
- Huma Pasha, Independent Audit Consultant
- Javaid Iqbal Independent Digital Strategy Consultant
Since the Directors' Training program started in November 2015, IBACEE certified a total of 20 women (out of total 126 Certified Directors). With the addition of above section in the New Act 2017, we hope to host more women representation in these program and eventually the boards of the listed companies.
From IBA the following faculty have attended the program:
- Dr Zeenat Ismail, Professor – Social Sciences & Liberal Arts Department and Director – Talent Hunt Programs
- Nyla Aleem Ansari - Assistant Professor & Academic Director PGD HRM
- Dr. Khadija Malik Bari - Assistant Professor Economics & Finance
- Dr. Huma Aamir - Chairperson Marketing Department
This program is offered both as open enrollment and client-specific customized in a location of the client or at IBA, Karachi. We plan to bring more programs like these in the coming months.