The Art of Business Story Telling & Your Red-Hot Elevator Sales Pitch - September 14 - 15, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
This is a two days course that teaches the value of communicating yourself and your business story to others. Day One focuses on the Art of Business Storytelling. The spoken word is a a fabulous medium for engaging and connecting with a listener, shifting the way they think, feel or act. The key to achieving this lies in the use of stories – because if listeners remember your story, they're more likely to remember your message.This session focuses on two critically important aspects of Storytelling: the cultivation of a 'Storyteller Mindset' and honing skills in 'Storycraft' – the construction of a compelling narrative.
Day Two focuses on how to pitch. This challenging and interactive session equips participants with the skills to develop and convey a compelling value proposition within a very short time frame – as little as 30 seconds. You'll experience how to structure and 'sell' your ideas more effectively.
This two day course is ideal for middle and senior management who are looking to become more impactful communicators. It's one thing to know what you're talking about. But to communicate your knowledge in a way which is clear, concise and engaging for a listener is something else. Too many potentially strong ideas or proposals fail because they are not 'pitched' in the right way. When the pressure is on, how do you get people to really listen to you? This course shows you how – and is perfect for developing your skills as a networker and business developer. You can apply these to your day-to-day work immediately.
George Fulton has over 15 years' experience in public relations, television production and broadcast journalism. He has overseen external communications roles for the British Council, the Qatar Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Atlantic Partnership acting as an advocate for these organisations to senior politicians and stakeholders in Pakistan, Qatar, US and UK, as well as to the press and media. George has also been the executive producer, writer and presenter of television programmes in Pakistan; including Kiran aur George and George Ka Pakistan. He also has produced HARDtalk Pakistan and Question Time Pakistan for BBC World. He has written for all the major English language newspapers in Pakistan, as well as for the Guardian (UK) and Mail on Sunday (UK).He has an MBA (Distinction) from Manchester Business School, and BA(Hons) in History from the University of Bristol.
- DAY ONE: ART OF BUSINESS STORYTELLING
- How to structure a high-impact business anecdote/story
- Apply the 3 Key Questions for a Storyteller Mindset
- Discover the 4 Cs of Storycraft, to ensure clear and compelling narrative structure
- Context, Challenge, Critical Moment, Consequence
- Bring your ideas to life through the spoken word
- Achieve greater inspirational impact
- DAY TWO: YOUR RED HOT ELEVATOR PITCH
- Engage your listeners' attention, right from the word go
- 'Sell' yourself and your ideas more effectively
- Be more memorable and build your personal brand
- Craft more compelling openings to presentations
By actively participating in this two-day course, you will come away be able to:
- Achieve significantly greater impact as a leader
- Bring ideas/proposals to life through the spoken word
- Achieve a stronger emotional connection with listeners
- Influence and inspire more effectively, when presenting to an audience
- Articulate the true value of a product/serv ice/idea within a very short timeframe
- Deliver messages which are more likely to stick – and be acted on
- Differentiate your organization (and yourself) more effectively in the marketplace
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking