Applicative Six Sigma Green Belt Level - February 20-22-28, 2019
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
This course develops the understanding of the participants around the famous Six Sigma Methodology, its barriers and applications. It depicts the role of strategy, team work, leadership, planning, comprehension of statistical tools, and experimental design in accomplishing successfully a six sigma project. Objective of this certificate course is to expose the participants to the concepts of Six Sigma to improve their comprehension of defects and their reduction for improved Customer Satisfaction and Business Growth. This course work is comprised of definitions, principles, concepts, case-studies and implementation-strategies of Six Sigma. In this workshop, participants will not only be exposed to abstract Six Sigma Methodology but will also be encouraged to implement Six Sigma in a suitable area of their workplace. They will then present their application and findings after 1-week of the course. Companies will get benefited by this application of Six Sigma as their human capital will learn and apply. Another objective of this course is to prepare the participants for certification of ASQs Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB). Interactive discussions, lectures, videos, case-based and problems-based teaching methodology will be employed. Use of relevant software package will be another important facet of this course.
- Professionals, Engineers, Managers, Executives from Manufacturing and Service Industries (Health Care, Academia & Government)
- Participants should preferably come with ideas where a Six Sigma Project can be initiated in their workplace.
The outcomes of this course are defined using Blooms Taxonomy, which defines Levels of Cognition according to Complexity: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create.
Contents of this workshop will be acquired by the participants at the level of cognition defined in Topics Covered.
Dr. Rameez Khalid
PhD (France), PMP, CQSSBB, OCP, PE, Member Institute for Supply Management (ISM), is Assistant Professor at Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. Earlier he was affiliated with NED University. He is alumnus of NED from where he did his B.E. (Mechanical). He started his career from Abbott Labs.' Maintenance department; then joined public sector organization in Project Management department. He teaches in the academic programs of the Institute. Dr. Rameez has successfully completed numerous industrial projects where he applied such practical tools as the basic Quality tools, Cost of Quality, ISO Standards, Gage R&R, DOE, tools of Lean, CPM/PERT, Earned Value, Monte Carlo Simulations, SCOR, Linear Programming etc. His current research interests are: global projects management, project risk management, cost of quality (CoQ), design of experiments (DOE), ergonomics, flow-shop scheduling, SCOR application and business process simulation.
Ali Zulqarnain, Assistant Professor at NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
- Context:Value of Six Sigma and Certifications; Six Sigma and the Organization; Organizational Goals, Drivers and Measures; Project Life- Cycles: DMAIC and DFSS (DMADV).[understand]
- Define: Project Selection; Voice of Customer; Project Management: Project Charter and Project Tracking; Old and New QC Tools; Process Characteristics: SIPOC and Process Flow Charting; Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Team Dynamics and Performance. [apply]
- Measure:Process Analysis; Basic Statistics and Probability; Data Collection and Presentation; Measurement System Analysis (MSA); Process Capability. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
- Analyze:Data Analysis; Modeling relationships between variables: Regression, Correlation and Multivari; Hypothesis Testing.[apply & analyze]
- Improve: Basics of Design of Experiment (DOE); Root Cause Analysis; Lean Tools.[understand & apply]
- Control:Statistical Process Control; Control Plan.[understand]
- Project:Participants have to complete and present their Six Sigma Implementation Projects.[create] Co
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking