IBA-CEE hosted a two days' customized workshop on Strategic Marketing and Business Management
The Center for Executive Education hosted a two days' customized workshop on Strategic Marketing and Business Management' for CCL Pharmaceuticals in Lahore. The program was attended by Business Unit Managers, Country Managers, Director Marketing and Sales, Regional Managers, Marketing Managers, Product Managers and Brand Managers from CCL Pharmaceuticals,. The workshop was conducted by Mr. Akhtar Mahmud.
Mr. Akhtar Mahmud is currently CEO, Brand Image - a marketing consultancy specializing in Branding, Advertising and Consumer Insights, a Visiting Faculty at IBA and Lead Faculty Member of Diploma in Strategic Marketing at Center for Executive Education, IBA, Karachi. He brings 30 years of corporate exposure mainly from Multi-National Companies in senior marketing positions to corporate leadership.
Mr. Mahmud has been conducting Training and Development programs for Banks, MNCs, local conglomerates, IBP, PIQC and leading T&D organizations. Market research and consultancy projects for BBC, United Nations, Hoechst, Millat Tractors, ICN, Aga Khan Health Services, Milupa Foods Novartis, GETZ, Pfizer, Searle, Sandoz, Hilton, OBS, Sanofi and NGOs are few of the key programs undertaken by him.
The purpose of the workshop was meant to provide a clear, conceptual framework to assess the competitive environment and craft strategies to stay ahead. The participants learned the skills to identify the cognitive and practical obstacles which hinder the execution of winning marketing strategies.
The participants were able to achieve following after this courses:
- To trigger critical thinking in the recipients
- To be able to understand back ground, learn different tools and enhance proficiency in marketing planning, marketing mix, segmentation and positioning.
- To acquire knowledge of branding and its applications potential within the pharmaceutical industry.
- To understand the imperative of strategy formulation and execution and importance of liaison with the sales force.
- To understand importance & applications of research - both marketing and clinical.
- To be able to write marketing plan (including financial and communication plan), new product proposal, research brief, strategic spending proposal, etc.
- To open up participants thinking horizon by analyzing different successful and unsuccessful strategies used by different leading companies.
- Ability to create an appropriate organisational architecture and culture which facilitates the execution of a chosen strategy