Competency Based Interviewing – "Select the Best" - September 15, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Many organizations worldwide use Competency based interviewing skills as an essential element of their employee selection process to ensure the best-fit hiring and thus minimize their risk of a wrong hire. Professional interviewing techniques are vital for a fair, objective and accurate assessment of potential future employees. Competency Based Interviewing minimizes subjectivity in the interview process and helps interviewers in focusing for the right fit for the job than being distracted by biases, personal preferences or superficial judgments. The outcome is selection of the best candidates suitable for the position.
This one-day workshop will enhance participants' skills, knowledge and confidence in recruitment & selection decisions they make, and provide them a comprehensive perspective and practical understanding of Competency Based Interviewing, thus equipping them with the techniques required to make objective and evidence-based evaluations while interviewing potential future employees.
Shuja Shams has more than twenty years of professional work experience, primarily in the areas of Human Resource Management and Operations Management. A business graduate from IBA Karachi, he started his professional career with ICI Pakistan Limited as a Management Trainee in 1997. During his professional career, Shuja also worked for other prestigious organizations including Engro, Iffco, Lucky Cement and Mobilink on various local and international assignments at senior management levels. He is currently associated as Principal Consultant with Excepace (Pvt.) Limited, a Management & HR Consulting firm.
Shuja is also a visiting faculty at IBA Karachi and conducts lectures on Strategic Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Organizational Behavior and Leadership.
- Competencies and Competency based HRM
- Science behind Competency Based Interviewing
- Behavioral vs Situational Interviews
- Job Specific Competencies and Competency Mapping
- Characteristics of Competency Based Questions
- Developing Competency Based Questions
- Five Stages of Competency Based Interviews
- Preparation required before the Competency Based interviews
- Practicing CBI skills through role-plays and interviewing scenarios.
Who Should Attend?
- Middle and Line Management Employees who are involved in employee selection process and conduct interviews for selection of employees.
- After completing this course, participants will have:
- 1. An understanding of the term "Competency"
- 2. A concept of Competency Mapping/Profiling
- 3. An ability to identify and develop competency profiles for the position to be interviewed for
- 4. A practical understanding of how to apply Competency Based Interviewing techniques during interviews through use of simulations and practical exercises