Discovering Leadership through Self Analysis - November 24 & 25, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
According to contemporary thinking leadership is an extension of self. It is largely driven by a mixture of personality, behavior, values, emotions and environment. An individual (called a leader) has to influence other individuals (called followers or team members) to achieve personal and organizational goals. Building on this perspective, the main aim of the workshop is to uncover, through self-analyses, the leader within 'you'. The workshop will focus on leadership behavior, personality and styles. Other important leadership areas, to include communication, emotionality, decision making and use of power, will be covered to discover the leader within you. Through analyses based discussions, suggestions will be made that should push you closer to being an effective leader.
- Utilize emotionality as an effective leadership tool.
- Improve decision-making as a leader practically difficulty decisions
- Identify the traits and behaviors of an effective leader.
- Action learning the relationship between leadership and environment.
- Understand the leadership context of communication and how it impacts the information flow.
- Manage relationships between leader and team members.
- Effectively use of power
Upon completion of the workshop, participants should improve and further develop their leadership skills by:
Dr. Khurram Sharif:
Dr. Khurram Sharif is a business Faculty at Qatar University and an advisor to Mega Consult; a Saudi Human Resource Development and Marketing Consulting firm. He has taught, trained and consulted in the GCC and the Sub-Continent region. His experience ranges from Pharmaceutical Sales, Vocational Training and Higher Education. He is a master trainer who has worked with a number of international blue chip clients to include Qatar Petroleum, Unilever and Roche Diagnostics. Dr. Sharif uses 'experiential' approach to training where he involves himself and the participants in the knowledge creation and learning process. He did his MBA from Lancaster University and his PhD in Business-to-Business Relationships' from Kingston University, United Kingdom.
- Leadership traits and behaviors
- Leadership styles
- Leadership personality
- Leadership and emotionality
- Leadership and communications
- Leadership and environment
- Leadership and power
- Leadership and decision-making
- Leadership and team management
The facilitator will actively engage participants in exploring leader within self. In general, the workshop will be a personal journal within leadership which should help participants discover their leadership landscape.
A number of psychometric tests to include Briggs Myers Assessment, Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire, Leadership Style Profiling and Machiavellian Tendencies will be utilized to guage leadership within participants.
- Group Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Stimulating Discussions
- Guest Speakers
- Development of action Plans
Who Should Attend?
- Senior and middle level managers and any executive who is leading a group of individuals within an organization.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking