Export Marketing - Manufacturing Locally; Competing Globally - January 23rd – 24th, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Global markets have been growing steadily and offer immense potential for business and additional sales to large as well as medium sized manufacturers/exporters of all kind of goods/services especially processed and packaged food. Competing in global markets is altogether a different ballgame. For a vast majority of Pakistani companies who have been struggling with exports it is really important to revisit their export-orientation and adopt the right Go-To-Market strategy.
Sustainable revenue streams will not be established without having sound knowledge of the core concepts of Trading, International Business, Strategic Export Marketing and Understanding of consumer preferences. Success in global markets is dependent on diligently scanning global markets, identifying buyers/customers and appointing distributors. Understanding trade technicalities (IncoTerms, WTO, Trade Barriers, Payment Terms and Logistics/Shipping) as well as adapting the product offering foe international markets will be the essence of this workshop. Key to global business is picking business partners (Agents/Distributors) that are perfect match for any particular company. An awareness as to what Government, International Bodies and Business Support Organizations (TDAP and FPCCI) have been offering to assist exporters to capture opportunities and potential of emerging markets will be given. Participants will be given practical demonstration of a few best and reliable online research tools. Contents of Export Marketing Plan will be discussed in detail.
- Business Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales Managers, Managers/Executives working in Export Marketing Dept of export-oriented companies; Entrepreneurs desirous to start export; Export Consultants and Exporters' Agents; Industry facilitators (Chambers & Business Associations); Government Officials dealing with exports
Muhammad Asadullah is Business Head at a Distribution & General Trading Firm based in Ajman - UAE. He is a Sales & Marketing professional with over 14 years of experience in FMCG, Building Materials, Petrochemicals and Public Sector. For Export Marketing he has been to Turkey, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UAE, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iran. He is an active member of PAD (Pakistan Association of Dubai) and IBA Alumni – UAE Chapter. He did MBA (Sales/Marketing) from IBA. Asadullah has conducted and facilitated numerous trainings and corporate workshops. His areas of expertise are International Sales, Export Marketing, Global Business Development, Events/Exhibitions and Distribution. Currently he is consulting a number of Pakistani companies interested to enter and capture UAE market. He is fluent in five local languages and loves playing soccer.
Mr. Afzal Shahabuddin carries an experience of over 18 years in the areas of brand and business management, retail management, sales & distribution and international business development with global brands like Coca-Cola, Philips, Gillette/P&G, Samba Bank and Nokia in emerging markets including Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives Afghanistan besides a number of other multinational and local companies in diverse categories. In his current role he is heading a business consulting company with international presence covering GCC, South Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- Introduction to Exports, Strategic Export Marketing & International Business?
- Export potential of global and emerging markets with focus of GCC and UAE market
- Available tools for entering global markets and ensuring effective participation in trade fairs
- Role of Government, Trade Promotion Organizations and Trade Bodies for Export Promotion
- Significance of understanding Export Documentation, Incoterms 2010, HS Codes
- What is importance of QMS & EMS Certifications? What are Trade Policies
- Global Supply Chain Management, Distribution Management, Shipping and Logistics
- What is World Trade Organization (WTO)? Impact of WTO on Global Trade?
- An overview of Trade Technicalities (GSP, TBTs, FTAs & Anti-dumping, ADs &CVDs)
- Developing the long term and short term Export Strategy
- Pricing Strategies for global markets – Benefits for exporters e.g. Rebates & Subsidies
- Customizing the product offering for international markets.
- Understanding and Leveraging Market Segmentation for Export Markets.
- Evaluating potential of markets and selecting markets for entry
- Go-To-Market models available for SMEs
- A comprehensive list of world's leading exhibitions and how to pick relevant exhibitions
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking