Finance for Non-Finance Executive - September 7 & 8, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Understanding of numbers is imperative in today's highly competitive business world. It is considered as a business language and a basis for business decision making. Accounting is the vehicle that helps the management in planning and controlling the resources of the business. The more important decision, the more need for relevant information. There are financial implications for each decision a manager takes, and even in decision requiring qualitative aspects.
This workshop provides requisite basic concepts of finance & accounting, including terminology and assumptions, valuation, financial statements, identify trends, and study competitors and thus become strategic users of accounting and financial data. The workshop will also encourage participants to do analysis of financial data themselves and know how to drift financial data from corporate reports.
Senior & Mid-Level Non-finance executives who are involved in the business operations including: Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering & HR, etc.Past Participants were from
- Abbott Laboratories
- Ali Gohar & Co.
- Attock Cement
- Business & Engineering Trends
- Engro Corporation
- Karachi International Container Terminal
- Lundbeck Pakistan
- National Petrochemical Industrial Company
- National Telecommunication Corporation
- Pakistan International Container Terminal
- Pak-Suzuki Motor Company
- Pfizer Pakistan Limited
- Ray Pharma
- TOTAL Oil Pakistan
Abdul Rahim Suriya:
FCA, FCMA. He has over 29 years' experience in Accounting, Auditing, Corporate Finance and Operational Management. Mr. Suriya is a Visiting Faculty at the IBA Karachi. Mr. Suriya is a certified Director from PICG and he is also a trainer for ICAP & ICMA Pakistan on the subject of "Corporate Reporting & Corporate Governance" under Directors Training Program. During the past ten years, he has conducted specialized training programs and seminars for senior executives for a number of leading corporate clients which include MNCs and National companies in Sectors including Pharma, Fertilizer, Insurance, Cement, Banks and Service Sector. He has so far conducted over 125+ workshops both in-house and open-house. He has also authored a book "A Guide to Business Decision Making".Mr. Shahid Zaki
Mr. Shahid Zaki is currently National Skill Consultant GIZ, German Consulate. Mr. Zaki graduated from University of Southern California, USA, in 1976 with a Master's degree in Engineering complemented with MBA in Marketing. This equipped him with techno-commercial edge essential for technology related businesses. His three-decade career with Phillips saw him serving as the CEO and Chairman of the company. During his association with Phillips, Mr. Zaki was responsible for overall financial, production, manufacturing and logistics management of different product divisions. With a proven track record of building business via a strong performance culture, he also excels in value creation and value delivery. In his quest to remain academically vibrant, Mr. Zaki continues to pursue teaching at different universities and institutions in Pakistan. After leaving Philips in 2008, Mr. Zaki joined the Institute of Business Administration (IBA) in Karachi as Executive Director for the E-MBA Program and served there for almost 2 years before joining Aman Foundation in 2010 for another two years.
- Importance of Accounting and Finance for Non Finance Managers for business decision making.
- Mastering in reading Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and Cash Flow Statements along with key accounting concepts, assumptions and statutory requirements.
- Understanding how performance of marketing, sales, production & inventory management is reflected in Financial Statements.
- Techniques for analysis of financial statements to provide basis for evaluating financial and management performance.
- Analysis of Cash Flow Statements.
- Product cost sheets and role of non-finance professional in product cost reduction and combating competition or sales price constrains.
- Cost concepts & their use for business decision making including concurrent engineering, cost of quality.
- Break Even analyses- for planning a new business and controlling the operations.
- Budgeting - techniques & importance, operating, financial and cash budgeting.
- Working Capital Management & Capital Structuring.
- Overview of Project Management.
- Effective Management Reporting and Risk Management.
- An overview of Corporate Reporting and matters relating to non-finance executives.
- Case Study.
- Strategic management
- Balanced scorecard & implementation of strategy
- To remove fear of accounting and finance and to communicate effectively with Finance Executives.
- To acquire a solid grasp of how information is conveyed in basic financial statements and monthly reports reflecting the performances; how to analyze the information, how to use the information to make informed decisions
- To enhance the decision making skill by using accounting, cost and management accounting
- concepts in day to day operating decisions and planning the business models
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking