General Management Program (GMP) - January 22 to 26, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 6:30pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
The five days’ program will address the key issues that are a part of the general management domain. In particular the program will focus on managerial leadership, time management, conflict management, team management, life management and managerial decision-making. The program will emphasize strategic, functional, tactical and personal aspects associated with management at middle and senior organizational levels. The program will provide hands-on and pragmatic insights for managers who want to enhance and polish their existing competencies, knowledge and skills and rethink management within the contemporary framework.
Dr. Khurram Sharif
Dr. Khurram Sharif is a Faculty member at Qatar University and a business consultant with Mega Business Solutions; a Saudi Human Resource Development and Marketing Consulting firm. He has taught, trained and consulted in the GCC and the Sub-Continent region. His experience ranges from Pharmaceutical Sales, Vocational Training and Higher Education. He is a master trainer who has worked with a number of international blue chip clients. Dr. Sharif uses ‘experiential’ approach to training where he involves himself and the participants in the knowledge creation and learning process. He did his MBA from Lancaster University and his PhD (in Marketing) from Kingston University, United Kingdom.Moiz Ahmad
Moiz Ahmad is the visiting faculty, IBA, Karachi and a Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, with extensive experience of conducting management and executive training programs for several large organizations. Moiz brings a wealth of diversified experience and expertise having spent 43 years working for both the corporate and not for profit sector. His previous experience with not for profit organizations includes working at Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, as Executive Director, Deputy Chief Executive at The Citizens Foundation and Director Finance at IUCN-The World Conservation Union. Moreover in the corporate sector, he has worked with Fauji Oil Terminal and Distribution Company Ltd and Mari Gas Company Ltd (formerly Esso Eastern Inc) as Chief Financial Officer after starting his career at Wellcome Pakistan Ltd and completing his training from A.F. Ferguson & Co. His freelance professional work expertise includes management and human development consulting for educational institutions, running executive training programs, conducting training of Corporate Governance Leadership Skills program modules and teaching at the Institute of Business Administration as a visiting faculty. Moiz has been certified through the “training of trainers” workshops on Corporate Governance Board Leadership and IFC Bank Governance Program. He has completed an Advanced Management Program from the University of Pittsburgh, Managerial Grid program and several other internal and national development programs. He is passionate about human and institutional development and is involved in a voluntary capacity with The Citizens Foundation, The Garage School and was a member of the “Board of Governors” at the Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture.
- Time & Self-Management
- Conflict Management
- Team Management
- Decision Making
- Life Management
- Emotional Management
- Managerial Communication
- Financial Management
Who Should Attend
Middle and Senior Level Managers who want to polish their existing skills by exposing themselves to current and innovative practices within the organizational, self and people management.
- Group Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Stimulating Discussions
- Guest Speakers
- Development of Action Plans
- Program will commence from August 29 to 2 September, 2016.
- Program duration is 5 days.
- Program Schedule will be shared 5 days prior to the workshop commencement date.
- It will be conducted at Center for Executive Education, IBA Karachi
At the end of the workshop the participants should be able to:
- Manage conflict within their work environment.
- Identify the principal challenges that managers face in modern organizations.
- Understand the need to develop themselves and their colleagues.
- Understand what drives individual behavior and how to encourage and reward good performance.
- Utilize emotionality as an effective management tool.
- Use effective communication to engage people.
- Identify and eliminate time wasting practices and activities.
- Conduct effective negotiations within and outside the organization.
- Conduct self-analysis to conceive appropriate time management and life management strategies.
- Identify the traits and behaviors of an effective leader.
- Manage relationships between teams and team members.
- Utilize different tools and techniques for organizational decision making.
- Taking decision by understanding financials
Program fee per participant is Rs. 195,000/-
The fee includes course material, lunch & refreshments, group photographs and certificates
Payment is due upon receipt of the acceptance letter along with the invoice. Please ensure that the payment reaches the CEE Office before commencement of the program because seat in the class will only be reserved once the fee is received.
Payment can be made via cheque / bank draft payable to the Institute of Business Administration at the following address:
- Center for Executive Education (CEE)
IBA, City Campus, Garden/Kayani Shaheed Road,
Each application will be thoroughly screened, and will only be accepted if deemed suitable for the program. Nominations with incomplete application forms will not be entertained.
- Center for Executive Education (CEE)