Performance Management Essentials - September 17 & 18, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
A systematic approach towards performance management results not only in a better fit between activities performed and activities required, but also optimizes the organizational resources by providing specificity for benchmarking, planning and directing. An absence of such an approach results in the wastage of organizations' energies and also in organization's failure to achieve its goals and objectives.
This two-day workshop will enhance participants' knowledge on performance management's concept and modern performance management tools and also develop their skill and confidence in identifying and implementing a suitable performance management process to manage the performance of individuals and teams, through an experiential learning approach.
Shuja Shams has more than twenty years of professional work experience, primarily in the areas of Human Resource Management and Operations Management. A business graduate from IBA Karachi, he started his professional career with ICI Pakistan Limited as a Management Trainee in 1997. During his professional career, Shuja also worked for other prestigious organizations including Engro, Iffco, Lucky Cement and Mobilink on various local and international assignments at senior management levels. He is currently associated as Principal Consultant with Excepace (Pvt.) Limited, which is a Management & HR Consulting firm.
Shuja is also a visiting faculty at IBA Karachi and conducts lectures on Strategic Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Organizational Behavior and Leadership.
- Aims, Characteristics and Guiding Principles of Performance Management
- Understanding the vital link between Performance Management and Strategic Planning
- Six components of a performance management cycle (Pre-requisites, Performance Planning, Performance Execution, Performance Assessment, Performance Review, Performance Renewal & Re-contracting)
- Understanding the concept of SMART Objective setting
- What is Job Analysis and how it helps in ensuring effective Performance Management of individuals and teams
- Job Description (JD) as an outcome of Job Analysis and fundamental guiding document for developing SMART Objectives
- Practical exercises to learn how to develop SMART Objectives, using various JDs according to functional background participants. Supported by a case study to solve a real life situation through a case study on Performance Management
- "Competency" based Performance Management, assessing behaviors (The HOW part along with WHAT part)
- How to conduct effective Performance Appraisals
- Development Plans – an essential element of effective Performance Management
Who Should Attend?
- This workshop is designed for Middle and Line Management employees who have people management responsibilities. Also a good opportunity for HR managers responsible for developing and implementing Performance Management System in their organizations can also benefit.
- An understanding of the concept of Performance Management including its aims, characteristics and guiding principles
- A fair account on the differences between performance appraisal and performance management
- A recognition of the multiple negative consequences arising from the poor design and poor implementation of a Performance Management System
- A step by step comprehensive understanding of the complete Performance Management Process cycle
- The ability to identify objectives that are specific, clear, challenging, agreed upon, significant, prioritized and practical, meaningful, realistic and achievable
- Concept and practical application of setting performance standards through key performance standards (KPIs)
- The skill to identify behavioral competencies to be included in performance management plan
- Complete grasp of performance measurement techniques used for measuring objective results and behavioral competencies
- A practical understanding of how to apply performance management techniques in the organization through use of role plays, simulations and practical exercises
- The ability to design a high quality development plan upon conclusion of performance management cycle
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking