The Center for Executive Education hosted six days program for the senior leadership of PPL
HIGH PERFORMANCE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
A customized program for Senior Leadership of Pakistan Petroleum Limited
The Center for Executive Education hosted a two module – six days program for the senior leadership of PPL. The first module was held on January 16 to 18, 2017 and the second module was held on Feb 23 to 25, 2017.
The program was focused to the different aspects of leadership on general management level. The first module covered financial acumen for senior managers and Issues and Crisis Management. The second module covered communication, decision making and leadership skills.
The program was customized for PPL with a comprehensive Diagnostics Study before the program. This study involves Team CEE and Faculty meet-ups and focus groups with MD and Senior Management of PPL. To further customized the program a pre-program survey was also taken from the program participants.
The participants were also given Action Learning Projects which they have selected in groups and presented during second module to the Management Team, Managing Director of PPL and Dean & Director IBA.
The participants in groups presented the following projects:
- Group 1 Effective Appraisal System
- Group 2 Feasibility to venture into renewable energy (solar and wind)
- Group 3 Disposal of LPG through One-Window
- Group 4 Timeline Optimization of Procurement Processes
- Group 5 Pre-Feasibility study for PPL Diversification
The following were the faculty for the program:
- Financial Acumen for Senior Managers by Moiz Ahmed, Visiting Faculty, IBA, Karachi
- Issues & Crisis Management by Tariq Ikram (SI), Former Minister of State GOP, Former Chief Executive of TDAP and Reckitt Benckiser
- Managerial Communication by Dr. Huma Baqai, Associate Professor, Director Public Affairs and Communication, IBA, Karachi
- Decision Making & Leadership by Dr. Khurram J. Sharif, Faculty, Qatar University
- Action Learning Projects by Dr. Rameez Khalid, Assistant Professor and Academic Director PGD SCM, IBA, Karachi
"Such trainings give a professional time for a participant to reflect and analyze himself critically and look at ways and means to improve himself for his own benefit as well as that of the company", Ali Jaffar, Manager Legal, PPL
"Enriching experience overall", Naufil Gazdar, Manager Finance (C&B), PPL
"After attending many courses, this was the only which met my expectations mainly because of the facilitators, content and facility", Faisal Saeed Manager Materials & Contracts, PPL
"Course was very well managed and well targeted for PPL employees. It was an overall good experience", Tariq Hussain, Manager Adhi Field, PPL