Security Risk & Crisis Management - July 23, 2016
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Pakistan has been ranked at Global Terror Index (GTI) within first five states in line with Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Nigeria based on terror incidents and casualties rates, rendering entire public and private business corporate highly vulnerable in terms of security risk. On the other hand, Security Risk Management is an emerging field and is still passing through infancy at Pakistan leaving a capacity gap between ever growing threats and desired level of response.In order to build the capacity and generate a holistic response this workshop is planned to carry out analysis of geopolitical risk, local security/terror state and corporate specific threats, under international standards and global best practices to mitigate security risk and to protect people, assets, processes and information - With an ultimate aim to link geopolitical & security risks with organizations strategic imperatives to achieve profit margins and sustainable growth.
- Enhance geopolitical risk profiling skills.
- Establish & maintain department-wise security education & training programs.
- Establish procedure, policies, methods, &/or standards for identifying & protecting information, personal, property, operations, or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, espionage, sabotage, or loss.
- Enhance & build capacity for information analysis and generate security risk advisories.
- Will enable to prepare security risk assessments & security audit reports.
- Understand characteristics of various integrated security controls.
- Evaluate dynamics of physical security.
- Will enable to design security solutions based on appropriate measures for proportionate threat.
- To prepare best suited crisis management & contingency plans.
- To learn how to develop business case for security risk management.
- To instill security soft skills to enforce security culture across organization.
- Chief Operations Officer
- Enterprise Risk Managers
- Chief Security Officers / Security Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- HSE Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Global Risk - 2015 Report
- Institute of Economic and Peace (IEP) Global Terror Index Report 2014
- Sindh Police National Action Plan Progress Reports 2014-15
- Interagency Security Committee (ISC) Homeland Security Agency US Reports
- Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) UK Reports
- Federal Emergency and Management Association (FEMA) US Reports
- ISO 31000 Risk Management
- ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Security Risk Management International Best Practices
- Case Studies based on self experiential learning at MNCs security consulting projects
- Global MNCs Reports
is a well accomplished security professional with armed forces and private leadership achievements at regional and international levels spread over two and a half decades period. Since post-transition, he is engaged in diverse professional activities in private in the fields of security risk & crisis management. He is currently leading a security consultancy firm, besides security professional role at reputable corporate entity. Moreover, he is operating as an emerging corporate trainer and also appeared as security analyst at leading media channels on various sensitive issues. He is veteran of war against terror across tribal agencies at AfPak region, Kargil war at Siachen-Kashmir, ceasefire violations at Kashmir and United Nations peacekeeping operations at Congo Africa. He successfully led hundreds of security forces, equipped with millions of assets in counter-terrorism and active warzone operations, guided executive protection in high risk environment, managed security risk of strategic assets and conducted humanitarian rescue, relief and evacuation operations in severe crisis/disaster situations. He is an MBA from IBA Karachi and his services are acknowledged by national award 'Tamgha-I-Imtiaz' & international award 'United Nations Peacekeeping Medal'. His recent initiative in the form of security risk consultancy, a think-tank cum social enterprise is aimed at building capacity for resilient organizations and crisis leadership, with the ability to mitigate risk(s) emanating from geopolitical threats.
- Geopolitical Risk & Global Crisis Situation
- Internal Security & Heinous Crimes States
- Corporate Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Security Risk Management
- Conduct Methodology of Security Risk Assessments
- Integrated Security Controls & Solutions
- Security Threats & Response including Crimes Prevention
- Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Crisis Management & Incident Reporting
- Case Studies
- Personal Security
- Security Soft Skills
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking