APPLICATIVE SIX SIGMA - GREEN BELT Level - November 16 - 18, 2016
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
This workshop develops the understanding of the participants around the famous Six Sigma Methodology, its drivers, barriers and applications. It depicts the role of strategy, team work, leadership, planning, comprehension of statistical tools, and experimental design in accomplishing successfully a six sigma project. In this workshop, participants will not only be exposed to abstract Six Sigma Methodology but will also be encouraged to implement Six Sigma in a suitable area of their workplace. This applicative nature of the course provides an opportunity for companies interested in initiating Six Sigma Projects. Participants will then present their application and findings after one-week of the workshop. Another advantage of the workshop will be a partial preparation for ASQ’s Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) certification.
Motivation for Companies and Individuals:
- Before Project Presentations, instructors will provide advice regarding Six Sigma Project that the participants have identified for their companies
- Consultancy (conditions apply) shall also be provided for the best project of the workshop (a Panel of Six Sigma Industry Experts will decide the best project)
- Package of Standards and Templates for Six Sigma implementation
- Certificate of Participation for Participants.
Multiple Six Sigma implementations by following Faculty in Pakistan
Dr. Rameez Khalid:
Dr. Rameez Khalid, CQSSBB, PMP, OCP, Academic Director PGD Supply Chain Management Program and Assistant Professor at IBA, Karachi.
Member: APICS, ISM, PEC.
Mr. Ali Zulqarnain:
Mr. Ali Zulqarnain, CQSSBB, Ag. Director Industrial Liaison and Assistant Professor at NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
Member: ASQ, SME, PEC, IEP
Outcomes of this workshop are defined using levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create. These are mentioned in front of the topics covered.
- Context: Value of Six Sigma and Certifications; Six Sigma and the Organization; Organizational Goals, Drivers and Measures; Project Life-Cycles: DMAIC and DFSS (DMADV). [understand]
- Define: Project Selection; Voice of Customer; Project Management: Project Charter and Project Tracking; Old and New QC Tools; Process Characteristics: SIPOC and Process Flow Charting; Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Team Dynamics and Performance. [apply]
- Measure: Process Analysis; Basic Statistics and Probability; Data Collection and Presentation; Measurement System Analysis (MSA); Process Capability. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
- Analyze: Data Analysis; Modeling relationships between variables: Regression, Correlation and Multivari; Hypothesis Testing. [apply & analyze]
- Improve: Basics of Design of Experiment (DOE); Root Cause Analysis; Lean Tools. [understand & apply]
- Control: Statistical Process Control; Control Plan. [understand]
- Project: Participants have to complete and present their Six Sigma Implementation Projects. [create]
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals, Engineers, Managers, Executives from both Service & Manufacturing Industries (especially Textile, Health Care, Automotive, Banking, Academia & Government)
- Participants are expected to come with multiple ideas where Six Sigma Projects can be initiated in their workplace
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking