Diploma in Family Managed Business- Sat
|Time:||Sat: 3:30pm to 8:30pm
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104701 (Ext:1822, 1812, 1804, 1809)|
|Online Forms availability||Open now|
|Submission of forms deadline||3rd June 2021|
|Interviews & Enrollment offers||5th June 2021|
|Fee and Document Submission||9th June 2021|
|Orientation Ceremony||19th June 2021|
|Class commencement||19th June 2021|
Challenges facing Family Managed Businesses
"Only 3% of all family businesses worldwide remain in business for more than three generations"
Family firms differ from other businesses as they combine family and business. This distinctive feature is an asset but may turn into a liability if not managed effectively.
As family managed firms evolve they become complex. The transition from first generation (founder) to the second (Sibling partnership) and third (Cousin Confederation) generation presents a number of questions related to governance and sustainability. Research indicates that if a structured approach is not employed during each transition there is a high likelihood that the family business may disintegrate.
"Most critical issues facing family businesses are family-based issues more than they are business-based issues"
Family Managed Business (FMB) Programs at the CEE
The Family Managed Business Program is conceptualized to focus on the unique needs and challenges faced by family businesses. The program led by Ms. Aysha Anas Iftikhar, Family Business Expert & Program Director spearheads a number of advocacy initiatives and interventions to help family businesses professionalize, grow and transition successfully.
The CEE-IBA has the distinction of introducing family managed business education in Pakistan. Since 2012, the Center for Executive Education has hosted workshops and seminars in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Faisalabad and Multan.
Family business owners, employees working for family businesses, spouses and next generation family members have attended these workshops. Each of them without exception is looking forward to the future with great optimism.
CEE has also hosted programs for leading communities and associations including Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI) Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LCCI), Pakistan Gems & Jewelry Development Company (PGJDC), Small and Medium Enterprise Development Authority (SMEDA), Pakistan Association of Automotive Parts (PAAPAM), Bohra & Khoja Community and Delhi Saudagran Youth Forum.
- Navigate challenges of family, management and ownership unique to family business
- Build alignment of family members through a shared vision
- Structure family business governance for growth and multigenerational transitions
- Benchmark business functions to drive overall performance
- Create a wealth management strategy for the family and the business
- Nurture harmonious relationships through mindful communication and conflict resolution
- Family Dynamics
- Family business governance
- People management
- Operations Management
- Business Action and Growth Plan
- Only dedicated program for the next generation of family managed businesses in Pakistan
- Curriculum includes governance, family constitution, succession planning, family business continuity
- Faculty with insights on Pakistani and internationally managed family businesses
- Involvement of family business mentor during design of profit & process improvement plan (PPIP)
- Experiential learning through industrial visit
- Guest speaker sessions with eminent local business persons and international experts
- Application of on campus learning through continued immersion into the family business
- Lifelong networking with faculty, peers and IBA Alumni spread across the globe
- Exposure and access to the family business
- A drive to learn and grow the family business
- Enrollments will be based on Panel Interviews
Installments Payment Schedule Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 Total Fee (if paid in 4 equal installments) PKR 37,500 + 5% SST PKR 37,500 + 5% SST PKR 37,500 + 5% SST PKR 37,500 + 5% SST Last Date of fee submission of each installment 16th June, 2021 12th July, 2021 16th August, 2021 13th September, 2021
- Note: In case of installments, participants have to submit first installment via pay order and remaining installments via post-dated cheques. Dates for post- dated cheques are mentioned above.
- All post- dated cheques are to be submitted along the with first installment's pay order.
Early Bird Plan:
Total fee if paid in advance: PKR 120,000 + SST 5% Last date of fee submission: 15th June, 2021
FMB Advocacy Benefit:
For details please contact: Name: Muhammad Abdul Rehman / Executive – CEE, IBA Tel: (021) 38104701, Ext: 1812
Total fee if paid in advance: PKR 120,000 + SST 5%
Last date of fee submission: 15th June, 2021
Payment is due upon receipt of the acceptance of participants to the program along with the invoice. Please ensure that the payment reaches the CEE Office before commencement of the program because seat in the class will only be reserved once the fee is received.
Payment can be made via cheque / bank draft payable to the "Institute of Business Administration, Karachi" at the following address:
Center for Executive Education (CEE)
IBA, City Campus, Garden/Kayani Shaheed Road,
For online payments via credit cards:
From dropdown 1 & 2 please select 'Executive Education'
IBA-CEE will follow IBA and Government of Sindh advisory for on-campus classes