BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY FOR ENTREPRENEURS & FAMILY BUSINESSES
In joint collaboration with Madinah Institute of Leadership & Entrepreneurship (MILE)
Center of Executive Education (CEE) at IBA in joint collaboration with Madinah Institute of Leadership & Entrepreneurship (MILE) hosted 1.5 days' workshop on 'Blue Ocean Strategy for Entrepreneurs & Family Businesses' from 7th – 8th August in Lahore. This workshop was attended by 53 participants from the family businesses and some entrepreneurs. This workshop was conducted by Mr. Imran Zawwar who serves as Director Academics and Head of Research at Madinah Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship, KSA; Board Member at Middle East Development Network Corp., Turkey; Partner at Knowledge Now (a sister concern of Madinah Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship - MILE) and Co-Founding Partner at Cervelet | Management and Strategy Consultants USA & by Mr. Ali Jafri who is President at Knowledge Now (a sister concern of Madinah Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship - MILE) and Director Online Strategy at MILE.
Blue Ocean Strategy is often seen as a journey through unchartered waters and exploring the unexplored oceans, the journey is embarked through cutting edge innovation and value driven concepts. Charting a course to the new landscape where competition does not exist is a revolutionary concept in strategy formulation that emphasizes value innovation rather than fighting the competition. This course will help you to innovate and discover Blue Oceans for your organization. Blue Ocean Strategy is a radical, yet proven, approach to delivering value into the market that can yield very high growth and profitability. When implemented correctly it can lead to dramatic innovation within established industries and allow you to leverage an enormous competitive advantage – by making the competition irrelevant.
The key objectives for this interactive workshop cover the following topic:
- Introduction to Blue Ocean Strategy
- Formulating Blue Ocean Strategy
- Executing Blue Ocean Strategy
- Understand the differences between contested and uncontested markets and how to create an uncontested market space
- Learn the origins of Blue Ocean Strategy and its power dynamics
- Develop the ability to thrive in uncertain times through value innovation
- Learn how to systematically reconstruct market boundaries
- The role of leadership and strategic change management
- Ability to plan a blue ocean strategy i.e. where and when to apply it, the development process and the resources required
- Develop an understanding of the attributes of a good strategy and Blue Ocean index
- Managing the execution and translating strategy into action
SOME PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS:
- Sprintech Packaging (pvt.) Limited
- University College Lahore
- Wilshire Labs (Pvt) Ltd
- University of Central Punjab (UCP)
- Pack King
- Paragon City (Pvt) Ltd
- Swiss Consultants
- The session enhanced my knowledge and skill.
- I believe the skills I have learned will help me improve my performance on the job.
- The concepts and techniques were explained clearly.
Engr. Badar A. Hamza
General Manager HR, Arabian Cement
"I really liked the overall learning experience with practical cases and exercises offered in this highly beneficial Entrepreneurship Course. These concepts and method of training would be very useful for me in the future.The speaker provided us with excellent tools to practice real world business decision-making skills in an interactive and multiplayer learning environment. The course has also enhanced my capability to receive continuous performance feedback and updates. As a result, I am in a better position to judge my own work and strive for better and long lasting results".
Mr. Ali Alhumaidan, Managing Director Hawiya Co.
"It was indeed the best course I have ever taken. I thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from it. I learned a lot about business strategies and how to act out different roles in different situations, thanks to the superb content and the very well thought out organization of the course! The effort and energy that has gone into this is very visible, and I really appreciate it. In simple words, the Entrepreneurship course was the highlight of the complete program and it was a pleasure participating in this course and learning something new from an extremely competitive and knowledgeable teacher".