Writing Techniques: A Strategic Approach - April 08 & 09, 2020
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext: 1809, 1812, 1808, 1804)
Written communication is a very important aspect of the business world. It facilitates in fixing accountability and responsibility of people for proper functioning of the organization. Written communication helps the organization in doing business and building good relationship with other organizations. As everything should be communicated in a written form by the manager to the personnel of the organization and these messages can be saved for future references and proofs, one simply cannot be careless about his writing skills. Good written communication contributes to the success of an organization. Mastering this basic management skill enables you to write well and enhance your contribution for your organization and increase your chances of advancement. 'Writing badly can be costly.' It can lead to confusion and irreparable damage, wrong decision and a bad reputation for your company and you. Therefore, it is important to recognize and use those strategies that will help achieve right results, for example to persuade, advice, inform, most of all to influence the reader and convey the right message.
Maria Hassan Siddiqui:
Maria Hassan Siddiqui is an Assistant Professor at Social Sciences Department. She has completed M.A. (Applied Linguistics), from London Metropolitan University, UK, M.A. (English Linguistics), and M.A. (English Literature), from University of Karachi and B.A. (Hons.) (English Literature), University of Karachi. She is also patron of Dramatic Society at IBA. She has over seventeen years of Training Experience in various institutes including AllamaIqbal Open University, Karachi, NIBAF and Commecs Institute of Faculty Training, Karachi, Pakistan. She has been involved in teachers training and development. She has taught courses in English Grammar and Composition, English Composition, Managerial Communication, Business Communication, Social Psychology and Self Development, and Human Behaviour.
- Importance of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Spot the barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Decipher solicited and un-solicited letters, create readers' profile
- Know the basic principles of business writing
- Plan basic principle of business writing
- Plan, compose and edit business letters and memos
- Learn the format and strategy of writing routine, good news and bad news letters and memos
- Short and long reports
- CV's and covering letters writing
- Make agendas and minutes of the meeting
Who Should Attend?
- Mid-level and senior managers from technical and semi-technical backgrounds who are now involved in dealing with legal departments, regulatory bodies, government and judiciary. Government officials and people working in regulated sectors such as Media, IT, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas. People who are generally interested in law and want to get an oversight of this fascinating field and subject.
ICAP, Pak Oman Investments (Pvt.) Ltd., Agribusiness Support Fund, NADRA, Karachi Stock Exchange, 3 M Pakistan, MCB, PAF, HUBCO, Aga Khan University, DawoodLawrencepur Ltd., ORIX Leasing Pakistan Limited, Shell Pakistan Ltd., Mashreq Bank
An essential aspect of communication is writing clear, concise, targeted and persuasive text. Participants will be able to
- Achieve the results you want from your e-mails, proposals, recommendation reports, and other business documents
- Grab your audience's attention and persuade them to act on your ideas
- Develop effective writing skills that convey a credible message and project a professional image
- Create compelling and powerful business documents and reports
PKR 35,000/ + 5% SST / participant.