CEE-IBA hosted a two day workshop on 'Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Skills'
Center for Executive Education (CEE), IBA, Karachi hosted a two day workshop on 'Negotiation & Conflict Resolution Skills' from September 25th to 26th, 2019 at IBA City Campus.
A total of 16 participants were enrolled in this workshop. Each of them belonged to various organizations, educational institutes and MNCs. By the end of this program, each candidate was equipped with faster decision making, boosted confidence in handling difficult situations and advanced understanding of the concepts of negotiation.
This program was led by Dr. Huma Baqai, Associate Dean, Faculty of Business Administration and an Associate Professor of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts at IBA Karachi. She is also a Certified Corporate trainer from the International Academy for Leadership, Gummers Bach, Germany.
'This 2-day training workshop was exceptional with lots of experience, good examples along with learning opportunities'
Zain Zulfiqar (Executive Engineering, Fauji Fertilizers Limited)
'I thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot with trainer Ms. Huma Baqai, who is very knowledgeable and experienced instructor'
Syed Nouman Waseem (Sales Manager, Roche Pakistan)
'Course was good gave insights about conflicts how to resolve them concept such as lateral thinking and not to react but respond were very interesting'
Basit Qasim (Sales Engineer – MAN Energies Solutions)
Following Topics were covered in this workshop:
- Determine behavioral style and how to best interact with others in the negotiation
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
- Negotiate in person, on the phone, individually and in teams
- Immediately recognize manipulative tactics and how to respond
- Recognize counterproductive assumptions and positions
- Utilize the phases of negotiation for better outcomes
- Build creative solutions to challenging scenarios
- Role based experiential learning