Effective Supply Chain Decision Making using Simulation - January 19 & 20, 2021
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext: 1809, 1812)|
Better understanding of the interdependence of physical and financial supply chains is an essential skill for the 21st century business managers. "Financial Supply Chain" and "Supply Chain Finance" encompass "Everything that has to do with Finance in Supply Chains" or "All instruments that make the financial flow in the supply chain more efficient". It is one of the inter-disciplinary advances that are used currently for supply chain optimization. The comprehension will enable managers to take a stream of successful decisions from P2P (Purchase-to-Pay) to O2C (Order-to-Cash) processes by creating the right cross-functional mindset to manage the end-to-end supply chains.
The Cool Connection (TCC)?
TCC is a new web based learning experience that connects the physical and financial supply chain. Participants form a Team consisting of four roles that need to manage a personal care production company called "The Cool Connection". As a new team of Vice Presidents, the participants need to balance the constraints and manage the interdependencies of the physical and financial supply chain. The team has to turn TCC around to a profitable company. The participants will have to work closely together as a team to make strategic and tactical decisions. Under uncertain market conditions, the team has to negotiate with their suppliers, customers, banks and credit insurers.
Who shoud attend?
- Managers /Professionals working in Supply Chain, Finance, Procurement, Operations/Production, or Distribution;
- Entrepreneurs close to start-up;
- Government Officials dealing with Procurements, Finance, Monitoring and Improvement.
Mr. Faisal Jalal
Mr. Faisal Jalal, Certified Supply Chain Specialist, CQSSBB, Ex-Head of Supply Chain of renowned Local, JVs and MNC, CEO Sinofeng Pakistan Pvt. Ltd. & surplus.com.pk and Visiting Faculty at IBA Karachi.Dr. Rameez Khalid,
Dr. Rameez Khalid, Ex-Chairperson Procurement & Consultant Selection Committee of IBA, Certified Professional in Supply Management (III), CQSSBB, PMP, ISO-28000 Assessor, Director SCM Program and Assistant Professor at IBA, Karachi.
- Supply Chain Management Overview
- Physical & Financial Supply Chains (SC): Differences
- Cash Conversion Cycle, O2C and P2P Processes
- Role of Collaboration b/w Functions for SC Optimization
- Creating efficiencies in Physical SC by focusing Financial aspects
- & Local vs. Global Optimization
- Understanding the Interdependencies of SC decisions
- Decision Dashboards for major Financial SC Functions
- Current Research on integrating SC with other functions
- 3 Rounds of TCC SC-Finance Simulation
- 4th & 5th Round – Bonus – as Take-home Exercise
PKR 50,000 + 5% SST
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking