Finance for Non-Finance Executive - March 12-13, 2020
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext: 1809, 1812, 1808, 1804)|
Understanding of numbers is imperative in today's highly competitive business world. It is considered as a business language and a basis for business decision making. Accounting is the vehicle that helps the management in planning and controlling the resources of the business. The more important decision, the more need for relevant information. There are financial implications for each decision a manager takes, and even in decision requiring qualitative aspects.
This workshop provides requisite basic concepts of finance & accounting, including terminology and assumptions, valuation, financial statements, identify trends, and study competitors and thus become strategic users of accounting and financial data. The workshop will also encourage participants to do analysis of financial data themselves and know how to drift financial data from corporate reports.
Senior & Mid-Level Non-finance executives who are involved in the business operations including: Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering & HR, etc.Past Participants were from
- Abbott Laboratories
- Ali Gohar & Co.
- Attock Cement
- Business & Engineering Trends
- Engro Corporation
- Karachi International Container Terminal
- Lundbeck Pakistan
- National Petrochemical Industrial Company
- National Telecommunication Corporation
- Pakistan International Container Terminal
- Pak-Suzuki Motor Company
- Pfizer Pakistan Limited
- Ray Pharma
- TOTAL Oil Pakistan
Abdul Rahim Suriya:
Abdul Rahim Suriya has over 30 years' experience in Accounting, Auditing, Corporate Finance and Operational Management. He is Visiting Faculty at the IBA, Karachi and NIPA.
He is also a Professional Trainer especially on the subject Finance for Non Finance Executives and Corporate Reporting and Corporate Governance . During the past fifteen years, Abdul Rahim Suriya has conducted open -house and in -house specialized training programs for senior executives for a number of leading corporate clients. These programs were designed to cater to the special needs of the clients to achieve higher level of performance and achieve greater corporate synergies. Recently conducted workshops in UAE on Advanced Analysis of Financial Statements and Cash Flow Management.
Abdul Rahim Suriya is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) and the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan. He was elected as ICAP President for the year 2009-10. He has served as an elected member of the Council of ICAP from 1997 to 2013 (16 years) and was a member of International Accounting Education Standard Board of IFACÂ from 2003 to 2008 (6 years). He represented ICAP at SAFA for three years from 2011 to 2013. He served as a Financial Management Consultant of World Bank team for ROSC- AA 2016 .He has authored a book on "A guide to business decision making".
Currently, he is a Partner with Suriya Nauman Rehan n Co., Chartered Accountants. and he is Independent Director on the boards of Allied Engineering Management Company (Private) Limited, management company of Allied Rental Modaraba; UDL Modaraba Management (Private) Limited and also a member -Panel of Experts of the Listing Committee of PSX.
- Importance of Accounting and Finance for Non Finance Managers for business decision making.
- Mastering in reading Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and Cash Flow Statements along with key accounting concepts, assumptions and statutory requirements.
- Understanding how performance of marketing, sales, production & inventory management is reflected in Financial Statements.
- Techniques for analysis of financial statements to provide basis for evaluating financial and management performance.
- Analysis of Cash Flow Statements.
- Product cost sheets and role of non-finance professional in product cost reduction and combating competition or sales price constrains.
- Cost concepts & their use for business decision making including concurrent engineering, cost of quality.
- Break Even analyses- for planning a new business and controlling the operations.
- Budgeting - techniques & importance, operating, financial and cash budgeting.
- Working Capital Management & Capital Structuring.
- Overview of Project Management.
- Effective Management Reporting and Risk Management.
- An overview of Corporate Reporting and matters relating to non-finance executives.
- Case Study.
- Strategic management
- Balanced scorecard & implementation of strategy
- To remove fear of accounting and finance and to communicate effectively with Finance Executives.
- To acquire a solid grasp of how information is conveyed in basic financial statements and monthly reports reflecting the performances; how to analyze the information, how to use the information to make informed decisions
- To enhance the decision making skill by using accounting, cost and management accounting
- concepts in day to day operating decisions and planning the business models
PKR 40,000/ + 5% SST / participant.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking