Finance for Non-Finance Executive - Oct 19-20, 2016
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Understanding of numbers is imperative in today's highly competitive business world. It is considered as a business language and a basis for business decision making. Accounting is the vehicle that helps the management in planning and controlling the resources of the business. The more important decision, the more need for relevant information. There are financial implications for each decision a manager takes, and even in decision requiring qualitative aspects.
This workshop provides requisite basic concepts of finance & accounting, including terminology and assumptions, valuation, financial statements, identify trends, and study competitors and thus become strategic users of accounting and financial data. The workshop will also encourage participants to do analysis of financial data themselves and know how to drift financial data from corporate reports.
Senior & Mid-Level Non-finance executives who are involved in the business operations including: Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering & HR, etc.Past Participants were from
- Abbott Laboratories
- Ali Gohar & Co.
- Attock Cement
- Business & Engineering Trends
- Engro Corporation
- Karachi International Container Terminal
- Lundbeck Pakistan
- National Petrochemical Industrial Company
- National Telecommunication Corporation
- Pakistan International Container Terminal
- Pak-Suzuki Motor Company
- Pfizer Pakistan Limited
- Ray Pharma
- TOTAL Oil Pakistan
Abdul Rahim Suriya:
FCA, FCMA. He has over 29 years' experience in Accounting, Auditing, Corporate Finance and Operational Management. Mr. Suriya is a Visiting Faculty at the IBA Karachi. Mr. Suriya is a certified Director from PICG and he is also a trainer for ICAP & ICMA Pakistan on the subject of "Corporate Reporting & Corporate Governance" under Directors Training Program. During the past ten years, he has conducted specialized training programs and seminars for senior executives for a number of leading corporate clients which include MNCs and National companies in Sectors including Pharma, Fertilizer, Insurance, Cement, Banks and Service Sector. He has so far conducted over 125+ workshops both in-house and open-house. He has also authored a book "A Guide to Business Decision Making".Dr. Rameez Khalid
Dr.Rameez Khalid, PhD (France), PMP, CQSSBB, OCP, PE, Member Institute for Supply Management (ISM), is Assistant Professor at Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. Earlier he was affiliated with NED University. He is alumnus of NED from where he did his B.E. (Mechanical). He started his career from Abbott Labs. Maintenance department; then joined public sector organization Center for Executive Education (CEE) Institute of Business Administration City Campus. Off Garden Road, Karachi-74400. EDUCATION EXECUTIVE Experience Center for Executive Education, IBA, Karachi in Project Management department. He is the Program Director of PGD in Supply Chain Management, and teaches in various academic programs of the Institute. Dr. Rameez has successfully completed numerous industrial projects where he applied such practical tools as the basic Quality tools, Cost of Quality, ISO Standards, Gage R&R, DOE, tools of Lean, CPM/PERT, Earned Value, Monte Carlo Simulations, SCOR, Linear Programming etc. His current research interests are: global projects management, project risk management, cost of quality (CoQ), design of experiments (DOE), ergonomics, flow-shop scheduling, SCOR application and business process simulation.
- Importance of Accounting and Finance for Non Finance Managers for business decision making.
- Mastering in reading Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account and Cash Flow Statements along with key accounting concepts, assumptions and statutory requirements.
- Understanding how performance of marketing, sales, production & inventory management is reflected in Financial Statements.
- Techniques for analysis of financial statements to provide basis for evaluating financial and management performance.
- Analysis of Cash Flow Statements.
- Product cost sheets and role of non-finance professional in product cost reduction and combating competition or sales price constrains.
- Cost concepts & their use for business decision making including concurrent engineering, cost of quality.
- Break Even analyses- for planning a new business and controlling the operations.
- Budgeting - techniques & importance, operating, financial and cash budgeting.
- Working Capital Management & Capital Structuring.
- Overview of Project Management.
- Effective Management Reporting and Risk Management.
- An overview of Corporate Reporting and matters relating to non-finance executives.
- Case Study.
- Strategic management
- Balanced scorecard & implementation of strategy
- To remove fear of accounting and finance and to communicate effectively with Finance Executives.
- To acquire a solid grasp of how information is conveyed in basic financial statements and monthly reports reflecting the performances; how to analyze the information, how to use the information to make informed decisions
- To enhance the decision making skill by using accounting, cost and management accounting
- concepts in day to day operating decisions and planning the business models
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking