Global Sourcing: Using Gamification - August 8 & 9, 2019
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1809, 1812, 1808)|
This workshop is designed to develop Operational, Tactical, as well as Strategic level knowledge of “Global Sourcing”. It will expose the participants to the best practices, drivers, barriers, models, tools, financing and payment methods, and stakeholders (such as importers, exporters, banks, customs, freight forwarders and NVOCCs) involved in global sourcing. This workshop will not only focus on abstract global sourcing but will also enable the participants to learn it by experience via “Gamification” – i.e. advanced simulations that are more than theory and are proven effective pedagogical tool. This applicative nature of the workshop provides an opportunity for companies and individuals interested in developing effective global sourcing skills to aim for “Sourcing Leadership”. Another advantage is the exposure to content backed by globally renowned sourcing bodies (such as CIPS, UK and ISM USA) along with lots of local and global cases.
Outcomes of this workshop are defined using levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create. These are mentioned in front of the topics covered.
- Context: Sourcing and Supply Chain Management; Strategic nature of Sourcing Decisions. [remember]
- Sourcing: Achieving Strategic, Tactical and Operational Alignment with Sourcing; Local versus Global Sourcing Strategy: Current Paradigms, Models, Issues and Best Practices; International Trade: Tariff, Financing & Barriers. [understand]
- Global Sourcing Process: Source-to-Settle Process (S2S); Supplier Evaluation & Selection; Supply Market Analysis; Import Policy & Procedure; Stakeholders in Global Sourcing; Import Financing; Step-by-step Import Process; Managing Supplier Relationships and Supplier Quality in Global Sourcing; Transportation & Packaging in managing the Global Pipeline. [understand & apply]
- Approaches: Kralijic Matrix; TCO /TCA /Landed Cost Calculations; Spend Analysis; Reverse Auction; Foreign Supplier’s Quality Assurance; Performance Measurement of Import Process. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
Who should attend?
- Professionals, Engineers, Managers, Senior Buyers, Executives from both Service & Manufacturing Industries (especially Textile, Health Care, Automotive, Banking, Academia Government)
- Participants are encouraged to join the workshop with some idea of their companies’ global and local sourcing details.
Multi-Year Global Sourcing Experience by following Faculty:Mr. Faisal Jalal
Mr. Jalal, is the Founder and Chairman of Sinofeng Pakistan Private Limited (Pak-China JV). Faisal’s businesses developed over 08 years are collectively called “FJ Holdings”. He has over 22 years diversified experience of working in senior management positions in multinationals, JVs and large Pakistani organizations, having served as General Manager of Thal Limited, Head of Supply Chain & IT at Agriauto Industries Limited, and Head of IT at atlas Asset Management Limited as well as Manager IT systems at Philips Electrical Industries of Pakistan Limited. He is SECP-Certified Board Director and serves as a Director on the Board of various companies in Pakistan.
Faisal Jalal is PhD – Scholar at NED University. He holds a Master of Engineering Degree from NED University. Also he is a graduate in Computer Information Systems from NED University. Jalal has been involved in teaching at various Universities and Degree Awarding Institute in Karachi as well as conducted various professional trainings locally and internationally. At present he is a visiting faculty member of IBA – Karachi.
Jalal is CQSSBB, PE, SAP Certified Trainer, and a Certified Supply Chain Specialist; - Certification is approved by International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (IITC), in Geneva, Switzerland (Accredited International Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Diploma Qualification) and has presented papers at conferences and training workshops in Pakistan and abroad. He has published a wide range of articles in News Papers and Magazines as well as participated in various programs as Business/ Economic Analyst. He was involved with USAID for Supply Chain related trainings and consultancies.
Dr. Rameez Khalid
Dr. Khalid, PhD (France), SECP-Certified Board Director, SPPRA-Certified Trainer, PMP, CQSSBB, OCP, PE, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Management at IBA Karachi. He did his Master leading to PhD in Industrial Systems from Toulouse, France; earlier, he completed Bachelor in Mechanical Engg. from NED University. He is currently the Director Business Administration and Supply Chain Management Programs. He is the ex-Chairperson of IBA's Consultant Selection Committee and Central Procurement Committee. He is a consultant for Operations Management, Project Management, Six Sigma, and Quality Management in a variety of industries. In recent past, he wrote a Strategy Paper for ICI Pakistan regarding 'Innovation Culture'. He is a Lead Assessor in OHS (ISO-18001), QMS (ISO-9001) & SC-SMS (ISO-28000). He has published papers in international journals and conference proceedings. He has audited PPL, South City Hospital, NED, DP World, AKUH and TAV (Mothercare Warehouse) on various standards. His interest areas are: Project Feasibility, Warehousing, Risk Management, Forecasting Demand, Lean Six Sigma, Operations Research, Project Management Maturity and Supply Chain Performance Measurement with especial focus on emerging economies. He has worked as a consultant or trainer with various companies and to name a few: PPL, EPTL, Hinopak, PAAPAM, SSGC, Dawlance, Al-Tuwairqi, SEF, Lakson Group, Atlas Group, CDP-GoS, Feroze1888, IIL, SHCC and IITC-Hyundai.
Rs. 30,000/- + 5% SST / participant.
Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking.