Leadership in Digital Era - 30 January, 2020
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext: 1809, 1812)|
Wherever your organization is on the spectrum of the digital transformation journey, the fundamentals of cognitive learning based operational leadership do not change, whether you apply Blake & Mouton's Leadership Grid Model or any other contemporary operational leadership model. However, leaders need to realign their Mindset as well as develop certain knowledge and skill-based competencies to navigate smoothly through the whole ecosystem of today's Digital Era. This will help in equipping them to effectively lead their teams and to make their organisations thrive in a digital world while effectively dealing with the volatility, uncertainty and the disruption-based change that is pervasive today and is here to stay.
This one-day program focuses on creating awareness about the new ways of connecting, communicating and collaborating by understanding the associated elements of Leadership Behaviors in the digital world.
In order to achieve the above learning agenda, the program uses a four-element based cognitive framework of DIGITAL ACUMEN, DIGITAL ADAPTABILITY, DIGITAL AGILITY and DIGITAL ANALYTICS, and through an approach of self-discovery, awareness is created for leaders to be more effective as what we call a Digital Era Leader.
Participants will also develop an action oriented developmental plan based on the findings of their self-analysis and gap analysis around the above Leadership Competency based framework.
Shuja Shams is a Management & Leadership Development Consultant. He has more than twenty years of professional work experience, primarily in the areas of Human Resource Management and Operations Management. Starting his career with ICI Pakistan Limited as a Management Trainee in 1997, he has also worked for other prestigious organizations including Engro and Mobilink on various local and international assignments at senior management level. Shuja's last assignment was with Mobilink as Director HR Business Partners. At Mobilink, Shuja also worked in Amsterdam on an international assignment with Veon (Mobilink's principal) with Group HR as HR Project Leader and conducted project rollout workshops at other international business units of Veon at Amsterdam, Rome, Moscow, Kiev, Astana and Dhaka.
Shuja is also associated with IBA Karachi as a visiting faculty and conducts lectures on Strategic Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, and Organizational Behavior & Leadership.
Currently Shuja works as CEO and Principal Consultant at Excepace Consulting. He is also a certified Ken Blanchard's Trainer on the following international training programs: Situational Leadership, Coaching Essentials, Building Trust and Blanchard Management Essentials.
Who should attend?
Digital is the name of the game. This workshop is specially designed for all established and emerging leaders, who want to act as an influencer and enabler of digital change agenda in their respective functions to support the organization in Digital Transformation. Nominations of mid to senior management level employees is recommended.
- Differentiating Leadership from Management.
- Three key lessons on Contemporary Leadership.
- Trait based Leadership versus Leadership through Context-based Cognitive Mapping approach.
- The new context – Arrival of the Digital Era.
- Understanding most commonly misunderstood terms like Digital, Digitization, Digital technology and Digital Transformation.
- New context requires New Mindset – The Digital Leader's Mindset.
- Digital Leadership Excellence Model – Digital Acumen, Digital Agility, Digital Adaptability and Digital Enterprise Analytics.
- Achieving Digital change agenda using the Digital Leadership Excellence Model.
How will participants benefit?
Following are the learning outcomes for the participants. After attending the workshop, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the Contemporary Leadership approach that differentiates it from 'Management' and 'Conventional way of Leadership'.
- Learn the new Mindset required for Leadership in the Digital Era.
- Learn the four-pronged framework that governs Leadership Competencies in the Digital Era i.e. Digital Acumen, Digital Adaptability, Digital Agility and Digital Analytics.
- Perform a self-discovery based Digital Leadership Assessment.
Rs. 50,000/- per participant + SST
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking