IBACEE Hosted Workshop on Competency-based Interviewing Skills
IBACEE hosted the workshop for competency-based interviewing aimed at middle and line-management employees for enhancing their interview and employee-selection techniques. The workshop was held on July 18, 2019 and was conducted by Mr. Shuja Shams, Visiting Faculty, IBA and a leading HR professional with extensive experience in various prestigious business organizations spanning more than 20 years.
The workshop was attended by Managers and Executives working in HR department of their respective organizations and was well-received by the participants. The participants learned about the factors involved in competency-based interview including the psychological and situational aspects involved in conducting interviews. Mr. Shuja touched upon the following aspects in detail:
- Competencies and Competency based HRM
- Science behind Competency Based Interviewing
- Behavioral vs Situational Interviews
- Job Specific Competencies and Competency Mapping
- Characteristics of Competency Based Questions
- Developing Competency Based Questions
- Five Stages of Competency Based Interviews
- Preparation required before the Competency Based interviews
- Practicing CBI skills through role-plays and interviewing scenarios.
Shuja Shams has more than twenty years of professional work experience, primarily in the areas of Human Resource Management and Operations Management. A business graduate from IBA Karachi, he started his professional career with ICI Pakistan Limited as a Management Trainee in 1997. During his professional career, Shuja also worked for other prestigious organizations including Engro, Iffco, Lucky Cement and Mobilink on various local and international assignments at senior management levels. He is currently associated as Principal Consultant with Excepace (Pvt.) Limited, a Management & HR Consulting firm.
Shuja is also a visiting faculty at IBA Karachi and conducts lectures on Strategic Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Organizational Behavior and Leadership.