Essential Coaching Skills for Managers- December 15, 2018
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Coaching is one of the most effective methods of enhancing work performance. It involves deliberate and specific activities that are designed to help people develop their skills by learning on the job. Taking interest and active role in employee development is a key tool for keeping staff engaged, growing their skills, and encouraging enthusiasm and excitement about their contributions to the organization. For those reasons, coaching is one of the most powerful activities a manager or supervisor can practice. This course covers the fundamentals of workplace coaching. During this program, participants will define formal and informal coaching, explore a range of coaching models and practice their skills at coaching employees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers, executives, team leaders and anybody wishing to create a supportive environment and coach their team more effectively in an organization.
Raza Abbas has conducted organizational development programs in 6 continents. He is invited to speak at premier global forums and is rated as the Best Communicator. For more than a decade, he has transformed employees from Good to Great in diverse industries both nationally and globally.
He holds dual degrees from The University of Arizona, USA and earned Distinction in Speech Communication. He also earned certifications in organizational development from The University of Arizona.
At the end of workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop a coaching style which meets individual and business needs
- Determine barriers to coaching and how to overcome them
- Provide effective feedback in a way that encourages positive change
- Clear understanding of coaching's value as a management and development tool
- Coach their direct reports both formally and informally
- What it is and isn't: Coaching, Recognizing Roadblocks, and Execution
- The managers' role as a coach
- Qualities of the effective coach
- Universal Basics: Communication skills
- Coaching Models: Choosing a Framework
- Identifying learning needs, and individual learning styles
- Identifying barriers to learning
- Structuring the coaching session, Setting objectives and targets
- Coaching the new team member
- Delegation, empowerment and Motivation
- Managing the poor performer
- Feedback and active listening skills
- Monitoring performance
- Coaching practice
- Inclusive of Course material IBA Workshop Certificate Lunch Refreshments & Business networking