Project Management is a structured approach to operationalization of any strategic initiative, or for developing a new product or service, or to bring about improvement in any existing process or system. Project management, traditionally considered as a work-sharing ancillary task, has transformed into a highly sought after specialization. To cater for this need of specialized project managers a professional diploma program in Project Management is being designed to equip participants with expert skills to manage the Project Management Function.
Who should attend?
- Management level Executives wanting to enhance their skills in the Project Management area.
- Those who are managing Project of any magnitude, or anyone who whants to opt for Project Management (Mid-career shift)
After successfully completing Project Management professional diploma program (PGD-PM), the participants will attain ability to:
- Define and express fundamental issues at the strategic, design /tactical and operational levels in project management.
- Identify and illustrate the basic initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, control and closeout integrations elements for effective project management.
- Know and comprehend local and global contemporary issues having implications on project management.
- Apply modern modeling and simulation techniques, along with project management relevant standards, best practices, technology and computing tools.
- Identify, formulate and solve project management problems, and balance among the technical, business and softer factors while choosing among alternatives.
- Critique on elements of a project selection, evaluation, planning and execution, and their impact on business objectives along with recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously engage in education, professional development and personal effectiveness.
- Manifest project management and team skills in diverse cultural setting.
- Communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means in a technical setting.
- Appreciate the importance of ethical, social and environmental issues with business dilemmas.
- To develop highly skilled practitioners with an in-depth understanding of the five projects management processes of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Close-out.
- To familiarize the participants with the best practices in evaluating and managing projects (both local and international).
- Establish an understanding of developing and running a company's Portfolio; Project Departments, and Project Management Offices.
- Contribute in a business's strategic planning by understanding the business needs and finding opportunities (projects) to fulfill those needs.
- Develop resources including human resource that can lead a company to transform from Non-Project Driven to Project Driven organizational environment.
- To impart study techniques that will help prepare participants for the International certificate examinations especially PMP®.
- To acquire tools of leadership, problem solving & decision making.
|Trimester - 1
||Trimester - 2
||Trimester - 3
|1. Project Management
||5. Project Risk Management
||9. Managing Contracts & Suppliers Relationship
|2. Accounting & Finance for Managers
||6. Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
||10. Advance Topics in Project Management
|3. Project Planning, Execution & Control
||7. Project Management Information Systems
||11. Elective Course – 2
|4. Leading Project Organization
||8. Elective Course – 1
||12. Elective Course – 3
The Testing Procedures*
The testing procedures are congruent with these pedagogical objectives and are designed to ensure that these are achieved. Students will be assessed on the following:
|Class Participation/ Presentation/ Quiz
*could be changed as per nature of courses.
Participants from these Organizations
- Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Ltd
- Pakistan Petroleum Limited
- Feroze1888 Mills Limited
- Ernst & Young
- K-Electric Limited
- Auvitronics Ltd
- Liaquat National Hospital
- IFFCO Pakistan
- 1 year weekend program
- Guest speaker sessions
- Real life learning
- Case study based teaching
- Industry trips
- Live projects
- Video conferences
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree from HEC recognized educational institution in any area of study and:
- 14 Years Education with 6 years post-qualification work experience
- 16 Years Education with 3 years post-qualification work experience
Note: Preliminary Test and Interviews will be conducted to shortlist the candidates.
- In-depth study of various projects in Pakistan
- Learning from the best practices & functions of projects around the world
- Case Studies
- International Journals
- Standards & Certifications
- Governmental Laws’ & Regulations’
- Lecture (Classroom & Video Conference)
- Project (Live business cases from the organizations)
- Group Activities / Simulations/ Syndicate/ Discussion Rooms
- Visits: Strategic Locations
The leading faculty for the program is drawn from a mix of Academicians, Industry Practitioners, and globally renowned professionals.
- Industry Practitioners
- Scholarly Academics
- Practicing Academics
- Foreign Faculty from Globally Top-Ranked Schools