Supplier Negotiation Using Sourcing Chessboard - 25 & 26 August, 2021
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download Broucher|
|Venue:||Hybrid (Online/On-campus)||Reg Form|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1809, 1812, 1808, 1804)|
This workshop is designed in response to numerous requests seeking our advice for complex local and global supplier negotiation situations. To serve the purpose, it exposes the participants to a rich reservoir of negotiation methods, guided by the sourcing chessboard, to help companies increase value with suppliers. Sourcing chessboard is a renowned and proven tool that can turn procurement into an exciting place to be in a company. This workshop will not only focus on abstract and supplier-centered negotiation, but will also enable the participants to experience it via small and large group supplier negotiation role-plays and individualized feedbacks from expert-faculty. Because of its personalized nature, this workshop is limited to 20 delegates. Through this transformational experience, companies and individuals can take their "Sourcing Negotiation Talent" to the next level, where they can confidently handle the complexities of the supplier negotiation game. Another advantage is the exposure to content backed by globally renowned sourcing bodies (such as CIPS, UK and ISM, USA) along with lots of local and global cases.
Outcomes of this workshop are defined using levels of Bloom's Taxonomy: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create. These are mentioned in front of the topics covered.
- Context: Sourcing and Supply Chain Management; Role of Negotiation in Strategic Sourcing. [remember]
- Supplier Negotiation: Negotiation Phases / Process; Negotiation Approaches / Strategies / Framework for Supply Management; Negotiation Styles; Negotiation Preparation; BATNA & ZOPA; Negotiation Protocols& Factors; Power & Relationships in Negotiation; Negotiation Tactics: Dos & Don'ts. [understand & apply]
- Sourcing Chessboard: Sourcing Strategies; From 4 to 16 and 16 to 64 Strategies; Sectoral footprint on Sourcing Chessboard; How to effectively apply the Sourcing Chessboard during Negotiation ? ; Cross-functional Negotiation Team Building [understand, apply & analyze]
- Approaches: Kralijic Matrix; Sourcing Chessboard; Cost Calculations; Negotiation Approaches. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
Who should attend?
- Procurement Professionals, Sourcing Managers, Senior Buyers from both Service & Manufacturing Industries.
- Participants are encouragedto join the workshop with some idea of their companies' global and local sourcing details.
After completing the workshop, you will be able to:
- Increase value with suppliers using innovative negotiation techniques.
- Move from basic to master class sourcing negotiation skills.
- Deploy sourcing chessboard for effectively negotiating all categories with matching strategies.
Mr. Faisal Jalal
Mr. Faisal Jalal is the Founder and Chairman of Sinofeng Pakistan Private Limited (Pak-China JV). Faisal's businesses developed over 08 years are collectively called "FJ Holdings". He has over 22 years diversified experience of working in senior management positions in multinationals, JVs and large Pakistani organizations, having served as General Manager of Thal Limited, Head of Supply Chain & IT at Agriauto Industries Limited, and Head of IT at atlas Asset Management Limited as well as Manager IT systems at Philips Electrical Industries of Pakistan Limited. He is SECP-Certified Board Director and serves as a Director on the Board of various companies in Pakistan.
Faisal Jalal is PhD – Scholar at NED University. He holds a Master of Engineering Degree from NED University. Also he is a graduate in Computer Information Systems from NED University. Jalal has been involved in teaching at various Universities and Degree Awarding Institute in Karachi as well as conducted various professional trainings locally and internationally. At present he is a visiting faculty member of IBA – Karachi. He is a volunteer Mentor in the Mentoring Clinics in SCM Program at IBA Karachi. Jalal is CQSSBB, PE, SAP Certified Trainer, and a Certified Supply Chain Specialist; - Certification is approved by International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (IITC), in Geneva, Switzerland (Accredited International Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Diploma Qualification) and has presented papers at conferences and training workshops in Pakistan and abroad. He has published a wide range of articles in News Papers and Magazines as well as participated in various programs as Business/ Economic Analyst. He was involved with USAID for Supply Chain related trainings and consultancies.Dr. Rameez Khalid
Dr. Rameez Khalid, PhD (France), SECP-Certified Board Director, SPPRA-Certified Trainer, CPSM, PMP, CQSSBB, OCP, PE, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Management at IBA Karachi. He did his Master leading to PhD in Industrial Systems from Toulouse, France; earlier, he completed Bachelor in Mechanical Engg. from NED University. He is currently the Director Supply Chain Management Programs. He is the ex-Chairperson of IBA's Central Procurement and Consultant Selection Committees and ex-Director Business Administration. He is a volunteer Mentor in the Mentoring Clinics in SCM Program at IBA Karachi. He is a consultant for Operations Management, Project Management and Quality Management in a variety of industries. In recent past, he wrote a Strategy Paper for ICI Pakistan regarding 'Innovation Culture'. He is an Assessor in OHS (ISO-18001), QMS (ISO-9001) & SC-SMS (ISO-28000). He has published papers in international journals and conference proceedings. He has audited PPL, South City Hospital, NED, DP World, AKUH and TAV (Mothercare Warehouse) on various standards. His interest areas are: Project Feasibility, Warehousing, Risk Management, Forecasting Demand, Lean Six Sigma, Operations Research, Project Management Maturity and Supply Chain Performance Measurement with especial focus on emerging economies. He has worked as a consultant or trainer with various companies and to name a few: PPL, EPTL, Hinopak, PAAPAM, SSGC, Dawlance, Al-Tuwairqi, SEF, Lakson Group, Atlas Group, CDP-GoS, Feroze1888, IIL, SHCC and IITC-Hyundai.