Best Practices in Internal Auditing - March 26 & 27, 2019
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1812, 1809)|
High performance Internal Audit demands a broad perspective and capability as internal audit services are not restricted to providing assurance and regulatory compliance. Today's internal audit departments need to demonstrate a command of risk management, business process improvement as well as have the characteristic of a consultant. There is no more "You" and "I" and finger pointing. Internal audit takes up coaching responsibilities for the business, driving performance improvement initiatives and closing internal control gaps.This seminar presents a wealth of practices for a world-class internal audit departments. It is designed to ensure that the expectations of all the stakeholders – board, executive officer, line management are all aligned. This is not just an overview, it covers all eight foundational attributes of internal audit as well as well as how to protect the business and deliver measurable values.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is created for internal Audit professionals interested in revisiting their function in order to assess whether it is meeting the current day requirement and to also learn about certain tools and techniques to make the function more effective. This can be of particular interest to Directors, Chief Financial Officers and other senior management individuals who want to understand how their Internal Audit can deliver real value and are entrusted with establishing or using the function to improve the control environment. This course is also for everyone interested in improving knowledge in Internal Auditing and what skill sets are required.
How will you (participant) benefit?
The participant of the Course will learn to improve audit performance by adopting the most up to date audit techniques. It will also help them to market the internal audit service effectively. Another benefit will be that the learning will help in covering and auditing more challenging and interesting areas of the business which in turn will result in measurable value to their organization.
is a FCA, CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CRMA (Certification in Risk Management Assurance) and CICA (Certified Internal Control Auditor) and is a Partner at Usmani & Co for their training programs.
She is a professional trainer with over 25 years' experience in carrying out seminars and conferences at the ICAP, PICG, IIA, ISACA, as well for Directors Training Program at ICAP.
Currently is the Chairperson of the Professional Accountants Women's Forum, has served on the Quality Assurance Board, and a number of their committees of ICAP. In 2003 was a member of the Audit Committee of the State Bank of Pakistan, carried out training programs for their internal audit and in 2010 did a quality assurance review of SBP's internal audit. Internationally Huma is very active with IIA, has served on their board and a number off their committees Recently has done training program on Ethical Obligations, Legal Compliance for Business; Board Performance and Board Evaluation and Risk for ICAP
- Role of Internal Audit - How to develop a Value Enhancing Internal Audit Function
- COSO – Internal Control Framework – 2013
- International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
- Relationship with the Board and Audit Committee
- Attributes of Internal Auditor
- Role of Internal Audit in Fraud
- Risk Based Internal Audit
- New Areas for focus
- Impairment to Independence or Objectivity of Internal Auditors
- Practice Advisories of International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF)
- Skills Required and the Code of Ethics for Internal Auditors
- Internal Audit Planning
- Audit Department Structure and Annual Planning Process
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- Other Assurance and Consulting Services
- Audit Documents and Audit Manual
- Quality Assurance of Internal Auditing.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking