Workshop on Applicative Six Sigma Green Belt Level - December 5 - 7, & 20, 2019
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1809, 1812)|
This course develops the understanding of the participants around the famous Six Sigma Methodology, its barriers and applications. It depicts the role of strategy, team work leadership planning, comprehension of statistical tools, and experimental design in accomplishing successfully a six sigma project. Objective of this certificate course is to expose the participants to the concepts of Six Sigma to improve their comprehension of defects and their reduction for improved Customer Satisfaction and Business Growth. This course work is comprised of definitions, principles, concepts, case-studies and implementation- strategies of Six Sigma. In this workshop, participants will not only be exposed to abstract Six Sigma Methodology but will also be encouraged fo implement Six Sigma in a suitable area of their workplace. They will then present their application and findings after 1-week of the course. Companies will get benefited by this application of Six Sigma as their human capital will learn and apply. Another objective of this course is to prepare the participants for certification of ASQ's Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB). Interactive discussions, lectures, videos, case-based and problems- based teaching methodology will be employed. Use of relevant software package will be another important facet of this course.
- The outcomes of this course are defined using Bloom's Taxonomy, which defines Levels of Cognition according to Complexity: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create.
- Contents of this workshop will be acquired by the participants at the level of cognition defined in "Topics Covered".
Who should attend?
- Professionals, Engineers, Managers, Executives from Manufacturing and Service Industries (Health Care, Academia & Government)
- Participants should preferably come with ideas where a Six Sigma Project can be initiated in their workplace
Dr. Rameez Khalid
Dr. Rameez Khalid PhD (France), SECP-Certified Board Director, SPPRA-Certified Trainer, PMP, CQSSBB, OCP, PE, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Management at IBA Karachi. He did his Master leading to PhD in Industrial Systems from Toulouse, France; earlier, he completed Bachelor in Mechanical Engg. from NED University. He is currently the Director Business Administration and Supply Chain Management Programs at IBA. He is the ex-Chairperson of IBA's Consultant Selection Committee and Central Procurement Committee. He is a consultant for Operations Management, Project Management, Six Sigma, and Quality Management in a variety of industries. In recent past, he wrote a Strategy Paper for ICI Pakistan regarding 'Innovation Culture'. He is a certified and qualified Six Sigma Black Belt (CQSSBB), certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Assessor in OHS (ISO-18001), QMS (ISO-9001) & SC-SMS (ISO-28000). He has published papers in international journals and conference proceedings. He has audited PPL, South City Hospital, NED, DP World, AKUH and TAV (Mothercare) on various standards. His interest areas are: Project Feasibility, Warehousing, Risk Management, Forecasting Demand, Lean Six Sigma, Operations Research, Project Management Maturity and Supply Chain Performance Measurement with especial focus on emerging economies. He has worked as a consultant or trainer with various companies and to name a few: PPL, EPTL, Hinopak, PAAPAM, SSGC, Dawlance, Al-Tuwairqi, SEF, Lakson Group, Atlas Group, CDP-GoS, Feroze1888, IIL, SHCC and IITC-Hyundai.Mr. Ali Zulqarnain
Mr. Ali Zulqarnain BE (Mechanical), Master (with Specialization in Manufacturing), PhD. (in-progress Quality), Certified & Qualified Six Sigma Black Belt (SQII-2012/00187), is Assistant Professor and Ex-Director Industrial Liaison –NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi. He has more than 19 years of Teaching & Industry experience. He has successfully completed several Six Sigma and related projects at various organizations and also currently engaged in implementing Six Sigma at various organizations. He has published 04 International/National Journal Research Papers in the domain of Six Sigma. His research interests are; Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Cost of Quality. Mr. Zulqarnain has experienced of teaching at NUST (PNEC), IBA, IoBM, PIQC. He has conducted several Trainings/Workshops and Consultancies at different platforms. Mr. Zulqarnain is passionate to implement "Total Quality Culture" within the organizations of Pakistan.
- Context:Value of Six Sigma and Certifications; Six Sigma and the Organization; Organizational Goals, Drivers and Measures; Project Life- Cycles: DMAIC and DFSS (DMADV).[understand]
- Define: Project Selection; Voice of Customer; Project Management: Project Charter and Project Tracking; Old and New QC Tools; Process Characteristics: SIPOC and Process Flow Charting; Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Team Dynamics and Performance. [apply]
- Measure:Process Analysis; Basic Statistics and Probability; Data Collection and Presentation; Measurement System Analysis (MSA); Process Capability. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
- Analyze:Data Analysis; Modeling relationships between variables: Regression, Correlation and Multivari; Hypothesis Testing.[apply & analyze]
- Improve: Basics of Design of Experiment (DOE); Root Cause Analysis; Lean Tools.[understand & apply]
- Control:Statistical Process Control; Control Plan.[understand]
- Project:Participants have to complete and present their Six Sigma Implementation Projects.[create]
PKR 45,000/ + 5% SST / participant.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking