Corporate Reporting: A means for Corporate Governance & Sustainability Reporting- December 12 & 13, 2017
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm||Download PDF|
|Contact:||Tel: (0213) 8104700 (Ext:1804, 1807, 1809)|
Good corporate governance is essential to create trust and engagement between companies and their investors, Whatever Governance is in practice requires qualitative reporting.
Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development states that the corporate governance framework should ensure that timely and accurate disclosure is made on all material matters regarding the corporation, including the financial situation, performance, ownership and governance of the company. This disclosure need is served through Annual Report.
Mere compliance with reporting regulations does not necessarily mean that you are reporting effectively. It is quite possible, in fact, for reporting to seem disconnected with the business strategy and for this to raise questions in the minds of stakeholders about the quality of management and governance. Thus, the concept of corporate governance was born. It is important for boards to think about the unintended consequences of what is said, and how it is said. The quality and clarity of reporting are critical for all businesses.
Corporate governance as well financial and other information are communicated to stakeholders through Annual Report. Other information deemed relevant to stakeholders may be included, such as a report on operations of the company , corporate social responsibility , risk and opportunities, forward looking information as well as business model / business strategy and how these are converted into numbers and compared with actual result.
The Code of Corporate Governance 2012 requires Board of Directors to consider and approve Report on CSR activities . This bringing a new era in the eve of corporate reporting in Pakistan. This initiative encourages the corporate world to focus beyond single bottom line financial performance to triple bottom line economic, environmental and social performance.
SECP has issued voluntary guideline 2013 for CSR including Sustainability reporting . CSR policy be endorsed by the Board and incorporated into vision, code of ethics and business plan and as a part of annual board evaluation. The CSR Report may be disseminated on its website, annual report, separate report and other communication media.
Who should attend?
- Company Secretaries
- CSR Managers
- Directors including those with non- finance back ground
The workshop will also elaborate How & Why:
- Ability to read and understand Corporate Reports for better understanding about a company in terms of its financial position and operating results, as well as Corporate Governance practices adopted by the company.
- Learning the new developments in Sustainability Reporting covering concepts, local and global trends, regulatory matters, standards and frameworks and much more – the 'must' you need to develop your sustainability reports.
Abdul Rahim Suriya: FCA, FCMA
He has over 33 years' experience in Accounting, Auditing, Corporate Finance and Operational Management. He is visiting faculty of IBA.
He is a certified Director from PICG . He is a very well know Professional Trainer on the subject Finance for Non Finance Executives . He also conducts training for IBA ,ICAP & ICMAP on Corporate Reporting and Corporate Governance under the their approved Directors Training Programs. He has also authored a book "A Guide to Business Decision Making".
He is former President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan .He had served as a member of International Education Board IFAC for 6 years . Presently a Partner at Suriya Nauman Rehan & Co., Chartered Accountants and he is as Independent Director of Allied Rental Modaraba and UDL Modaraba
- Financial and Corporate reporting requirements under the Companies Act 2017.
- Classification of Companies and applicable International Financial Reporting Standards and disclosures under the Companies Act 2017.
- Corporate Governance –importance and history
- Key changes in the draft Code of Corporate Governance 2017
- Conflicting interest between company and investors
- Corporate Reporting -A means for transparency and disclosures
- Mandatory and Voluntary disclosures requirements in Pakistan
- Challenges of Corporate Reporting for those charged with governance
- Moving beyond regulations - local and international examples
- International guidelines for better communicating
- Brain storming – your input
- Case study – to evaluate report of a listed company.
- Embedding Sustainability into business strategy
- SECP Corporate Social Responsibility Voluntary Guidelines
- Sustainability Reporting – emerging local and global trends- frameworks and standards
- G4 Guidelines of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Best Sustainability and Corporate Report Awards in Pakistan
- Integrated reporting – Future of corporate reporting
- Ability to read , understand and develop Corporate and Sustainability Reports for better understanding about a company's financial position as well as Corporate Governance practices.
- Learning the new developments in Sustainability Reporting covering concepts, local and global trends, regulatory matters, standards and frameworks.
- Inclusive of Course material, IBA Workshop Certificate, Lunch, Refreshments & Business networking