Writing Techniques: A Strategic Approach
Center for Executive Education (CEE), IBA, Karachi, hosted a two day workshop on "Writing Techniques: A Strategic Approach" on October 22 & 23, 2019 at City Campus.
The workshop assisted participants in developing effective writing skills that convey a credible message and project a professional image. They were taught how to create powerful business documents and reports, persuading people to act on their ideas.
Following were the learning outcomes of the training:
- Importance of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Spot the barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Decipher solicited and un-solicited letters, create readers' profile
- Know the basic principles of business writing
- Plan basic principle of business writing
- Plan, compose and edit business letters and memos
- Learn the format and strategy of writing routine, good news and bad news letters and memos
- Short and long reports
- CV's and covering letters writing
- Make agendas and minutes of the meeting
Rafea Ahmed (Management Executive HR, Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund)
CEE's purpose built facility successfully provides the environment for professional development. The courses are very relevant and well designed as per best practices of the functional area. Ms. Maria Siddiqui has come across as one of the finest trainers. She has deep understanding of challenges faced in the professional world. Ms. Siddiqui delivered the session with utmost professionalism and engaged the participants actively.
M Yasir (Officer, Pak Suzuki)
The workshop was good and enhanced my knowledge and skills related to the writing techniques. It will be beneficial for me to use these techniques in my organization.