This course develops the understanding of the participants around the famous Six Sigma Methodology, its barriers and applications. It depicts the role of strategy, team work, leadership, planning, comprehension of statistical tools, and experimental design in accomplishing successfully a six sigma project. Objective of this certificate course is to expose the participants to the concepts of Six Sigma to improve their comprehension of defects and their reduction for improved Customer Satisfaction and Business Growth. This course work is comprised of definitions, principles, concepts, case-studies and implementation-strategies of Six Sigma. In this workshop, participants will not only be exposed to abstract Six Sigma Methodology but will also be encouraged to implement Six Sigma in a suitable area of their workplace. They will then present their application and findings after 1-week of the course. Companies will get benefited by this application of Six Sigma as their human capital will learn and apply. Another objective of this course is to prepare the participants for certification of ASQs Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB). Interactive discussions, lectures, videos, case-based and problems-based teaching methodology will be employed. Use of relevant software package will be another important facet of this course.
The outcomes of this course are defined using Blooms Taxonomy, which defines Levels of Cognition according to Complexity: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create.
Contents of this workshop will be acquired by the participants at the level of cognition defined in Topics Covered.
- Context:Value of Six Sigma and Certifications; Six Sigma and the Organization; Organizational Goals, Drivers and Measures; Project Life- Cycles: DMAIC and DFSS (DMADV).[understand]
- Define: Project Selection; Voice of Customer; Project Management: Project Charter and Project Tracking; Old and New QC Tools; Process Characteristics: SIPOC and Process Flow Charting; Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO); Team Dynamics and Performance. [apply]
- Measure:Process Analysis; Basic Statistics and Probability; Data Collection and Presentation; Measurement System Analysis (MSA); Process Capability. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
- Analyze:Data Analysis; Modeling relationships between variables: Regression, Correlation and Multivari; Hypothesis Testing.[apply & analyze]
- Improve: Basics of Design of Experiment (DOE); Root Cause Analysis; Lean Tools.[understand & apply]
- Control:Statistical Process Control; Control Plan.[understand]
- Project:Participants have to complete and present their Six Sigma Implementation Projects.[create] Co
- Professionals, Engineers, Managers, Executives from Manufacturing and Service Industries (Health Care, Academia & Government)
- Participants should preferably come with ideas where a Six Sigma Project can be initiated in their workplace.
IBA CEE Cancellation Policy for Open Enrollment Programs:
In the event of participant's cancellation, the following schedule will apply:
- 5 days before start of workshop - No cancellation
- Within 4 to 2 days prior to workshop Half program fee forfeiture
- Within 1 day and No Shows - Full program fee forfeiture
Cancellation notification must be made in writing to CEE.
Due to any unavoidable circumstances, the workshop may be postponed by the institute. In case of postponement, the institute will refund full fee of the program or the participant may opt to defer his/her registration to the next program.
Substitutes will be taken at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Should we be unable to accept your application for any reason, your payment (cheque/draft) will be returned to you.
All registrations deferrals must be requested in writing at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Send a note to the Program Registration Team indicating that you wish to have your registration deferred to another session of the same program within one year. The deposited fee will be carried forward. Please note that only one transfer is permitted. After one year, the deposited fee will be fully forfeited.