According to contemporary thinking leadership is an extension of self. It is largely driven by a mixture of personality, behavior, values, emotions and environment. An individual (called a leader) has to influence other individuals (called followers or team members) to achieve personal and organizational goals. Building on this perspective, the main aim of the workshop is to uncover, through self-analyses, the leader within 'you'. The workshop will focus on leadership behavior, personality and styles. Other important leadership areas, to include communication, emotionality, decision making and use of power, will be covered to discover the leader within you. Through analyses based discussions, suggestions will be made that should push you closer to being an effective leader.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants should improve and further develop their leadership skills by:
- Utilize emotionality as an effective leadership tool.
- Improve decision-making as a leader practically difficulty decisions
- Identify the traits and behaviors of an effective leader.
- Action learning the relationship between leadership and environment.
- Understand the leadership context of communication and how it impacts the information flow.
- Manage relationships between leader and team members.
- Effectively use of power
- Leadership traits and behaviors
- Leadership styles
- Leadership personality
- Leadership and emotionality
- Leadership and communications
- Leadership and environment
- Leadership and power
- Leadership and decision-making
- Leadership and team management
The facilitator will actively engage participants in exploring leader within self. In general, the workshop will be a personal journal within leadership which should help participants discover their leadership landscape.
A number of psychometric tests to include Briggs Myers Assessment, Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire, Leadership Style Profiling and Machiavellian Tendencies will be utilized to guage leadership within participants.
Senior and middle level managers and any executive who is leading a group of individuals within an organization
IBA CEE Cancellation Policy for Open Enrollment Programs:
In the event of participant's cancellation, the following schedule will apply:
- 5 days before start of workshop - No cancellation
- Within 4 to 2 days prior to workshop Half program fee forfeiture
- Within 1 day and No Shows - Full program fee forfeiture
Cancellation notification must be made in writing to CEE.
Due to any unavoidable circumstances, the workshop may be postponed by the institute. In case of postponement, the institute will refund full fee of the program or the participant may opt to defer his/her registration to the next program.
Substitutes will be taken at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Should we be unable to accept your application for any reason, your payment (cheque/draft) will be returned to you.
All registrations deferrals must be requested in writing at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Send a note to the Program Registration Team indicating that you wish to have your registration deferred to another session of the same program within one year. The deposited fee will be carried forward. Please note that only one transfer is permitted. After one year, the deposited fee will be fully forfeited.