As society and the economy progresses and develops the importance of law in regulating and maintaining growth becomes even more important. Yet most of the professionals struggle to differentiate between rules and laws. Philosophical questions like, what is law? And practical questions like, when to use a stamp paper to sign an agreement? Make majority confused. The program is designed to familiarize the participants and train them with essential legal knowledge and skills required in every day social and business environment. From the fundamentals of law and legal system, contract law and incoterms, real property law, criminal law, intellectual property law and to the political intricacies of constitutional law, all have been bundled into this engaging and lively two day training program geared towards non-lawyers.
- You will learn about the basics of legal system of Pakistan
- You will understand how contracts are made and the basics involved in drafting and executing contracts
- You will gain an understanding of criminal and constitutional law and system and understand your basic rights
- You will develop the essential skills required to differentiate between types of intellectual property and when and how to protect it
- You will be able differentiate between different types of leases, tenancies and easements
- What is Law? The difference between, habits, customs, rules and laws
- Introduction to Common Law System
- The Structure of the Judiciary and the concept of Precedents
- How Law is made
- What is a Contract and how it is formed
- When a Contract is breached and what are the remedies
- Internal trade and incoterms. The legal titles and risk of Ex-works, FOB and CFR shipments
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- FIR, bail and what you need to know about the Penal Code
- The concept of Tort Law
- Tort of Negligence and Defamation
- Introduction to Real Property Law concepts
- Essentials of leases, freeholds, tenancies, easements and covenants
- Intellectual Property and how to protect it
- Essentials of Copyrights, Patents and Trademarks and their registration process
- The Constitution of Pakistan and the fundamental rights
Mid-level and senior managers from technical and semi-technical backgrounds who are now involved in dealing with legal departments, regulatory bodies, government and judiciary. Government officials and people working in regulated sectors such as Media, IT, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas. People who are generally interested in law and want to get an oversight of this fascinating field and subject.
IBA CEE Cancellation Policy for Open Enrollment Programs:
In the event of participant's cancellation, the following schedule will apply:
- 5 days before start of workshop - No cancellation
- Within 4 to 2 days prior to workshop Half program fee forfeiture
- Within 1 day and No Shows - Full program fee forfeiture
Cancellation notification must be made in writing to CEE.
Due to any unavoidable circumstances, the workshop may be postponed by the institute. In case of postponement, the institute will refund full fee of the program or the participant may opt to defer his/her registration to the next program.
Substitutes will be taken at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Should we be unable to accept your application for any reason, your payment (cheque/draft) will be returned to you.
All registrations deferrals must be requested in writing at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Send a note to the Program Registration Team indicating that you wish to have your registration deferred to another session of the same program within one year. The deposited fee will be carried forward. Please note that only one transfer is permitted. After one year, the deposited fee will be fully forfeited.