This workshop is designed in response to numerous requests seeking our advice for complex local and global supplier negotiation situations. To serve the purpose, it exposes the participants to a rich reservoir of negotiation methods, guided by the sourcing chessboard, to help companies increase value with suppliers. Sourcing chessboard is a renowned and proven tool that can turn procurement into an exciting place to be in a company. This workshop will not only focus on abstract and supplier-centered negotiation, but will also enable the participants to experience it via small and large group supplier negotiation role-plays and individualized feedbacks from expert-faculty. Because of its personalized nature, this workshop is limited to 20 delegates. Through this transformational experience, companies and individuals can take their "Sourcing Negotiation Talent" to the next level, where they can confidently handle the complexities of the supplier negotiation game. Another advantage is the exposure to content backed by globally renowned sourcing bodies (such as CIPS, UK and ISM, USA) along with lots of local and global cases.
After completing the workshop, you will be able to:
- Increase value with suppliers using innovative negotiation techniques.
- Move from basic to master class sourcing negotiation skills.
- Deploy sourcing chessboard for effectively negotiating all categories with matching strategies.
Outcomes of this workshop are defined using levels of Bloom's Taxonomy: Remember, Understand, Apply, Analyze, Evaluate, & Create. These are mentioned in front of the topics covered.
- Context: Sourcing and Supply Chain Management; Role of Negotiation in Strategic Sourcing. [remember]
- Supplier Negotiation: Negotiation Phases / Process; Negotiation Approaches / Strategies / Framework for Supply Management; Negotiation Styles; Negotiation Preparation; BATNA & ZOPA; Negotiation Protocols& Factors; Power & Relationships in Negotiation; Negotiation Tactics: Dos & Don'ts. [understand & apply]
- Sourcing Chessboard: Sourcing Strategies; From 4 to 16 and 16 to 64 Strategies; Sectoral footprint on Sourcing Chessboard; How to effectively apply the Sourcing Chessboard during Negotiation ? ; Cross-functional Negotiation Team Building [understand, apply & analyze]
- Approaches: Kralijic Matrix; Sourcing Chessboard; Cost Calculations; Negotiation Approaches. [apply, analyze & evaluate]
- Procurement Professionals, Sourcing Managers, Senior Buyers from both Service & Manufacturing Industries.
- Participants are encouragedto join the workshop with some idea of their companies' global and local sourcing details.
IBA CEE Cancellation Policy for Open Enrollment Programs:
In the event of participant's cancellation, the following schedule will apply:
- 5 days before start of workshop - No cancellation
- Within 4 to 2 days prior to workshop Half program fee forfeiture
- Within 1 day and No Shows - Full program fee forfeiture
Cancellation notification must be made in writing to CEE.
Due to any unavoidable circumstances, the workshop may be postponed by the institute. In case of postponement, the institute will refund full fee of the program or the participant may opt to defer his/her registration to the next program.
Substitutes will be taken at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Should we be unable to accept your application for any reason, your payment (cheque/draft) will be returned to you.
All registrations deferrals must be requested in writing at least 2 days prior to the workshop. Send a note to the Program Registration Team indicating that you wish to have your registration deferred to another session of the same program within one year. The deposited fee will be carried forward. Please note that only one transfer is permitted. After one year, the deposited fee will be fully forfeited.